SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many hunters
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many hunters Login/Join 
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Lifelong hunter here. One of the things I always enjoyed with my dad as a kid and am blessed to still be able to enjoy hunting with my dad. I've helped bring lots of new hunters into the sport as well. I primarily hunt deer and turkey. I have done lots of dove and duck hunting as well. Never tried Squirrel or Rabbit with any consistency. I bow hunt, muzzle load and rifle hunt for deer.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Rabbits, Squirrels, Turkey (only in the fall) and Deer.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
I spent the morning hunting turkeys. I enjoy the time in the woods. Came home empty handed today, but it was a beautiful sunrise!

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss going to Colorado every year to elk hunt with my dad, its been a long time since I've been. Here in Texas public hunting land is almost nonexistent and I don't want to pay for the overpriced deer leases. That leaves me with mostly bird hunting now but that's alright, its always been my favorite.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Never tried it, but I'm willing.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by germandogs:
quote:
posted April 26, 2017 05:00 PM Hide Post
I am so excited for this year's annual pheasant hunt. For the first time, I'll have a bird dog of my ow, Moses, named in honor of JMB. In fact, he's coming home from the trainer on Saturday. We'll spend the summer chasing birds in the field behind my house getting ready!

That great! hat breed did you get?

He's a yellow lab, tons of fun!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Been hunting since was I eight years old. That would put it at 1955. I've killed lots of animals over the years both fowl and game and have enjoyed every second of it.

Funny, but I've softened a bit over the years. A few years back my daughter climbed up one of my tree stands with me and shortly after we arrived, a dandy old buck that would have easily made the books, came out of a ravine not more that 80 or so yards from us. I watched him fade into the brush as my daughter just stared at me. I looked at her and said "wasn't he a beauty". She looked at me and smiled.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted April 26, 2017 07:50 PM Hide Post
Living in Kansas I love to hunt every chance I have. Here is my hunting partner.

That is a handsome dog looks a lot like mine. Don't you just love them.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hunted upland birds for years as a friend had a trained pointer. That dog is chasing birds in heaven now so I haven't been in several years. I'm too cheap to pay 500$ Or more for a guided hunt around here on private land and public land is just crappy in general for pigs and deer. The sad thing is when I drive the back roads in my immediate area I see turkey deer and pigs and coyotes very frequently but they are all located on private or restricted land

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted April 26, 2017 10:42 PM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by germandogs:
quote:
posted April 26, 2017 05:00 PM Hide Post
I am so excited for this year's annual pheasant hunt. For the first time, I'll have a bird dog of my ow, Moses, named in honor of JMB. In fact, he's coming home from the trainer on Saturday. We'll spend the summer chasing birds in the field behind my house getting ready!

That great! hat breed did you get?

He's a yellow lab, tons of fun!

Labs are great dogs and are one of the best Pheasant dogs.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have been hunting since I was old enough to hold a gun. We hunt deer and hogs on our ranch. Once a year we make the trek from Florida to SD for pheasants, and that trip is all about our fox red Lab, Rylee. Gotta love Labs

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post