SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Appliance Brad PLEASE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appliance Brad PLEASE Login/Join 
posted
I have a problem with a washing machine. It’s a Bosch-Nexxt 500 plus series, model-wfmc5301 uc/15/fd8901/900076, serial #859010085211000767, type wam1.
Washer runs fine until about half way through the cycle, then it quits and a code of E:02 comes up. Online Manuel says to remove filters in hoses and clean, did that, still happening. After the code you can restart from that point but the same code will come up again most of the time (some times after a restart the cycle will finish). Cleaned the filters with CLR, no difference, removed the filters and tried again without the filters in place, no joy. Also the fabric softener dispenser quit about a month ago. Any help appreciated. Or do just need to shoot it and get a new one. Thanks David

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
OK, it's a long fill code, meaning it is not satisfying the water level in a pre specified time. The reason it quits mid cycle is that both the hot and cold valves are used for fill on wash. It only uses cold water on rinse (and for the softener dispenser).

With that in mind and that you have already cleaned the water inlet screens, I would bet on a failed cold water inlet solenoid. Bosch part #00422244 runs about $35

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply. How hard is it to replace the part? And what is a good source for parts (local appliance sales and service store doesn’t have it in stock)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwright1951,

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Heck, Amazon has it. Three bucks more than Brad estimated, but it's Prime so no extra shipping.
link

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t do amazon, but I found another site and ordered part, thanks for all replies.

posted Hide Post
Special thanks to Appliance Brad, got the part, got it installed washing machine now works like a champ, and it also fixed the fabric softener dispenser. Wife is a happy camper, and so am I . Thanks again

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Best forum on the interwebz.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Yup. Best place evarrrrr.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback on the repair and the kind words. Glad I could help.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
you are an invaluable benefit to this forum.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Brad is the man he's fixed my stuff over the phone

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post