SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone know anything about Abilene. TX?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know anything about Abilene. TX? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’ve never been called a slow driver, and I’d put Abilene as 3.5 hrs from Ft. Worth and 4 from Dallas. It’s been a while since I’ve lived there. If she had a family, the school on the south side of town was preferred by most. CDNN was mail order only when I lived there. Everything else has pretty much been covered. Joe Allen’s used to be the second best BBQ joint in town, but Harold has gone on to his reward, so that opens up first place.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Spent three and a half fun years there in the mid 60s. Shade means something there as opposed to the humidity of Houston.
If they haven’t put in storm drains, slow down crossing intersections. They don’t have speed bumps, they have speed ditches. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stay out of Wichita Falls, which is nearby. I got shot at there once during a prisoner transport.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Abilene is 2 hours West of Fort Worth. I drive there quite often heading to a friend's ranch just south of Abilene. Not a bad little town and it's growing rapidly. A lot of new housing South of Abilene headed towards Buffalo Gap and Tuscola.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
It's Texas, which to me means, "there's too much THERE there."

No offense to Texans.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post