SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What should our daughter join? Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts or 4H?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What should our daughter join? Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts or 4H? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The coach's of a preteen baseball league wanted to lock out all the parents from the practice's,
claimed they were a distraction.

the parents got together and said , Bull SHit.
threatened to sue, the league and the coach's.

that lasted about two weeks.

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Personally I would check out the 4H to see what's offered in your area.

For suburban livestock, there are rabbit or chicken programs that are easy to maintain in a backyard setting.

The gardening/farming programs are smaller sized as well.

Our range hosts a firearm outreach program with the 4H that teaches Skeet and 22lr shooting.

It's not for every kid, but if they have the nature bug, it can be a good program for them.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Whatever group has the best parents.

The experience is 100% about the leadership and commitment of the parents putting together the programming.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would stay away from any scouting organization. It is a far cry from the scouting I did in the 60's. The Girl Scouts are pushing abortion on these young girls and the boy scouts is riddled with perverts praying on young boys. I have not heard anything negative about 4H.
A certain political party has infiltrated and ruined many previously fine organizations. BASTARDS!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your location and the people involved are probably more significant than the name of the organization.

Good luck with it. Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts were the best of times.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I vote Civil Air Patrol when she’s 12.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I vote Civil Air Patrol when she’s 12.

She's looking to join the "Eagles" youth flight enthusiast club at the Iowa ANG's drone squadron so her and Louis Gossett, Jr can rescue me when I get shot down in a F-16 over international waters over the Med.

We went to the girl scout troop meeting tonight, she enjoyed it, she made a pencil holder out of a tin can. I was the only male there, I saved the day for everyone by bringing bug spray (an Eagle Scout is always prepared). If the girl cub scout option doesn't pan out, we may just join that girl scout troop until things get weird.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post