SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More chickens coming home to roost for Mizzou
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More chickens coming home to roost for Mizzou Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
ps, I clicked on the link and if it's not too late, I'd like to buy an L.

"SJW University of Missouri Closes Several Dorms As Enrolment Drops"

Looks like their antics knocked the 'l' out of their enrollment. Wink

Posts: 15026 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are not too many colleges that are not liberal. Hillsdale comes to mind and Liberty that are not liberal, but most of the others.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.dailywire.com/news/...k-berrien#exit-modal

donations to its athletics department dropped 72% last year.

Now the University of Missouri is attempting to recoup some of its massive losses by renting dorm rooms to football weekend visitors. As The Columbia Tribune reports, “The university has closed seven residence halls with 1,461 beds. During the UM Board of Curators meeting Thursday, MU Vice Chancellor for Operations Gary Ward said a website is available for people to reserve two-bedroom, four-bed suites for $120 a night.”

Ward told the Tribune that he didn’t think local hotels would mind, asserting, “My understanding, and this would have to be verified with them, is the hotels are full anyway, so we won’t be competing on game days. We could be competing with out-of-town hotels.”

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
What about the billboard owners on I70? Are they going to be ok???

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Maybe the university can rent housing to refugees Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Now the University of Missouri is attempting to recoup some of its massive losses by renting dorm rooms to football weekend visitors. As The Columbia Tribune reports, “The university has closed seven residence halls with 1,461 beds. During the UM Board of Curators meeting Thursday, MU Vice Chancellor for Operations Gary Ward said a website is available for people to reserve two-bedroom, four-bed suites for $120 a night.”

Ward told the Tribune that he didn’t think local hotels would mind, asserting, “My understanding, and this would have to be verified with them, is the hotels are full anyway, so we won’t be competing on game days. We could be competing with out-of-town hotels.”

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess they now have a firsthand lesson in the true reality of a capitalist society. If you are "selling" a product that only you like, no one will buy it.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Witness the power in having the freedom to choose.

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Missouri and the Sec deserve each other.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Some schools and colleges are pushing back and seem to have learned from this cluster. Mizzou's damage was completely avoidable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile at Missouri State, they're building new dorms and big enrollment increases.
Love it.

Go Bears.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Sometimes libtards only understand reality when it back hands them brass knuckles. I wouldn't be surprised if the protesters that started this crapp have moved on to more exciting surroundings. No skin off their ass, as the saying goes.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sweet

a feel good story

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Muck Fizzou.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Just another example of karma and it's consequences. The way the trend is going nationally, they won't be the only ones in this predicament.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Now the University of Missouri is attempting to recoup some of its massive losses by renting dorm rooms to football weekend visitors. As The Columbia Tribune reports, “The university has closed seven residence halls with 1,461 beds. During the UM Board of Curators meeting Thursday, MU Vice Chancellor for Operations Gary Ward said a website is available for people to reserve two-bedroom, four-bed suites for $120 a night.”....

If their athletics donations dropped 72%, I wonder just how many will come from out of town, rent dorm rooms, to attend their football games??

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
If their athletics donations dropped 72%, I wonder just how many will come from out of town, rent dorm rooms, to attend their football games??

Yep, and...
The actual profit from this could end up a negative.
Administration cost, Cleaning crews etc. Also they may not meet codes for that purpose and on and on. And what about repairing damage done by a bunch of drunken sports fans? Then there is the mixing of the general public on campus and the disruption that brings.
IDK, sounds like a bad idea to me...
...they should go for it!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:

Yep, and...
The actual profit from this could end up a negative.
Administration cost, Cleaning crews etc. Also they may not meet codes for that purpose and on and on. And what about repairing damage done by a bunch of drunken sports fans? Then there is the mixing of the general public on campus and the disruption that brings.
IDK, sounds like a bad idea to me...
...they should go for it!

Given their recent track record on making correct decisions, you might be right. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScooterX:
Meanwhile at Missouri State, they're building new dorms and big enrollment increases.
Love it.

Go Bears.

And the good news is all those liberal garbage spewing professors will be able to get new jobs without having to leave the state

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every university has "liberal garbage spewing professor's" for sure. The difference is, MSU professors are not leading the Cavalry charge.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder just how many will come from out of town, rent dorm rooms, to attend their football games??
Oh, you misjudge the football fans. They'd probably get lots of them. Like dozens.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post