SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More chickens coming home to roost for Mizzou
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More chickens coming home to roost for Mizzou Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
The gift that keeps on giving. Due to fallout from the BLM cluster, declining enrollment, budgetary shortfalls, lack of leadership and complete and total failure of its president Mizzou looks like it will be closing some dorms. Big Grin

Good! Fuck Mizzou.

Link to article

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I love the smell of Karma in the morning.............it smells.................it smells like victory.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Good. Hope yer all happy now ya asskissin' maggots.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It's a start but not enough. Needs to be about 60%

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this was going to be about chickens..... Frown

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ps, I clicked on the link and if it's not too late, I'd like to by an L.

"SJW University of Missouri Closes Several Dorms As Enrolment Drops"

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ some people are never happy.

They are expecting a budget shortfall of $32 million. Due in large part to a loss of 1500 students (900 freshmen) next year. It looks like four dorms will be closed. Gee I wonder why they are seeing fewer people who want to go there. Confused

Link to article

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
I thought this was going to be about chickens..... Frown

Well, it is, sort of. It's about their chickenshit administration.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
From middle of the road America to staunch conservatives, we are making our voices heard. Hopefully it won't be long before the libtard voices are completely drowned out.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15569 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
As much as this pleases me ...
Who do you think is going to have to make up the shortfall? Mad

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
As much as this pleases me ...
Who do you think is going to have to make up the shortfall? Mad

Good point, and this might make some of those people who didn't pay any attention to this situation before suddenly give a crap. Then again, it may make no difference whatsoever. After all, wasted tax dollars and apathy go together like Forrest Gump's Peas and Carrots.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
University Of Missouri Decided To Take Black Lives Matter Seriously. The Result: Nobody Enrolled.

May 10, 2017

Over a year and a half after the infamous #Concerned1950 students made waves at the University of Missouri, the university is finally reaping the benefits of caving into the Black Lives Matter rhetoric. According to Heat Street, the incoming freshman class at Mizzou is only 4,009 students. This is a staggering 35% decrease from the entering class in Fall 2015 when the protests occurred following four questionable incidents on campus.

Heat Street continues:

This is the second year in a row that Mizzou has seen its freshman class decline, a drop directly linked to the raucous Fall 2015 protests, which contributed to the resignation of both the university’s president and its chancellor.

The raucous protests — which were sparked by various incident of alleged racism, racist graffiti and “hate crimes” on campus — were enormously damaging to the university’s reputation, scaring away prospective students in droves.

As a result of the dramatic decrease in enrollment at Mizzou, seven residence halls will be "offline." This comes as a result of the considerable backlash that the University received for how it handled itself following the self-righteous protests. Many parents and alumni responded by refusing to contribute money to the public university. For example, donations to its athletics department dropped 72% last year.

These protests led Daily Wire Editor-in-Chief Ben Shapiro to visit Mizzou and give a speech trashing the protests, the Left, and the academics such as Melissa Click who allowed the madness to continue. Watch below:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...ves-elliott-hamilton

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
ps, I clicked on the link and if it's not too late, I'd like to by an L.

"SJW University of Missouri Closes Several Dorms As Enrolment Drops"

I think you meant "buy" an L? Oh, the irony!

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sieg Grammatik!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Consequences. They are how most people learn........except for libs.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29692 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
quote:
For example, donations to its athletics department dropped 72% last year.

Ouch! You know that hurt a lot and got some folks attention.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They could make up the shortfall if they would stop automatically waiving out-of-state tuition, or granting $2,500 credits, to students that check the appropriate "protected class" box. Oh wait, never mind....

Posts: 113 | Registered: February 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm still trying to decide if I should care

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Consequences. They are how most people learn........except for libs.

Some people live and learn, others just live.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Son graduates from the University of Missouri on Sunday as a Journalism major..he got a great education in his field and has some very good job prospects but Mizzou is definitely a very liberal school.
There should be an interesting article coming out later today regarding the athletics.........

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post