SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Conservative student's parting shot at college's anti-gun policies goes viral: 'Come and take it'
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Conservative student's parting shot at college's anti-gun policies goes viral: 'Come and take it' Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure that's an AR-10. Look at the mag.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Good for her!

The irony of the death threats she's receiving is priceless!

A)-Threatening violence because of someone who you think is promoting violence by exercising her right to protect herself.

B)-Bring it on bitches. She'd likely smoke your antifa asses.

quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Great photo and highlights the absurdity of it all. Students and staff are dis-armed and helpless yet any stranger can legally carry on campus...including and active shooter, who'd be legal until they pull the trigger.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
At least they are protected against all those bloodbaths from gunfights on campus which occur on campuses which permit students and faculty to carry guns, like UT Austin.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
Ummm... that's not an AR10, but she definitely a 10 to me. Cool

And this ladies and gents, is how you get a thread closed. Come on man, you've been here since 2004 and are going to claim you don't know the rule about comments about personal appearance?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Whether it is strictly an AR-10 or not, looking at both the magazine and the barrel, it appears to be chambered in something heavier than 5.56mm.

Without commenting on anyone’s personal appearance, her attitude and message is spot on.

Posts: 6909 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
The young lady did some good work there. She could have left mentioning full automatic weapons out of the discussion with media for now but still, nice work in the right direction. She will have a job soon, unlike many of her college classmates.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

And this ladies and gents, is how you get a thread closed. Come on man, you've been here since 2004 and are going to claim you don't know the rule about comments about personal appearance?

He's complimenting her appearance. What's wrong with that?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Good for her!

The irony of the death threats she's receiving is priceless!

A)-Threatening violence because of someone who you think is promoting violence by exercising her right to protect herself.

B)-Bring it on bitches. She'd likely smoke your antifa asses.

quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Great photo and highlights the absurdity of it all. Students and staff are dis-armed and helpless yet any stranger can legally carry on campus...including and active shooter, who'd be legal until they pull the trigger.

Threatening someone with an AR-10 slung over their shoulders seems pretty stupid, but it's by far not the dumbest thing the grabbers have done.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Looks like she's got a Lantac Dragon on their...same one I just put on my AR10!

Nice AR10 build and shows that she's probably pretty serious about guns if she's schlepping around an AR10. Definitely not the go-to gun for most people.

Really love the decoration on her mortarboard!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Threatening someone with an AR-10 slung over their shoulders seems pretty stupid, but it's by far not the dumbest thing the grabbers have done.

Please elaborate on how her actions are threatening?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4570 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Please elaborate on how her actions are threatening?

He's referring to the anti's, not her. Threatening a person carrying an AR-10 ain't smart. That was the gist. (I think)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
He's referring to the anti's, not her. Threatening a person carrying an AR-10 ain't smart. That was the gist. (I think)

Mea Culpa

Cognitive skills are slow this week

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4570 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Congrats to her for showing her rights, and how the left/anti's are ruining colleges. Come and take it is right.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the close up on the second pic shows the mag clearly is larger than 5.56.
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

Relax, Ronin. I didn't make any lewd comments about her, and I've only been here since 2005! Razz

Posts: 2659 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Conservative Journalist Ejected From Bernie Sanders Rally With No Explanation

Libertarian and gun-toting Kent State grad-turned-journalist Kaitlin Bennett of Liberty Hangout was removed from a Bernie Sanders rally by police before the event began, according to a Sunday video Bennett posted on Twitter.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news...rally-no-explanation

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24045 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
{Off topic} I get a lump in my throat when I see a JALLEN post in a thread. It's like we've invested him with an immortality of sorts. It'll be a sad day when the last one drops into the bit bucket.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
{Off topic} I get a lump in my throat when I see a JALLEN post in a thread. It's like we've invested him with an immortality of sorts. It'll be a sad day when the last one drops into the bit bucket.

Yeah. Not to turn this thread into what it wasn't meant to be, but I get the same sense when I see a post or thread started by Jim.

To the subject, this young woman was removed without having done or said a thing. She was merely present says the news story. How is that legal? How can a police officer even do that? has he not made an oath relative to the constitution? Does she not have a right to be there in an open and free of charge venue if she does not disrupt? How can an officer of the law do that? He states he's just doing his job.....

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
He states he's just doing his job.....

We know what that's called.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

How can an officer of the law do that? He states he's just doing his job.
It was not "an officer of the law" who said he was just doing his job.
quote:
Kaitlin Bennett:

the private security officer told me he supports me but has to do his job. Thank you @BernieSanders for exposing how intolerant the left really is towards dissenting opinions.

1:50 PM - Apr 14, 2019

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
"The police officer agreed with me that I did nothing wrong but booted me anyway" Functional equivalent.