SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you saw someone watching their dog empty his bladder on your wheel and tire poll
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you saw someone watching their dog empty his bladder on your wheel and tire poll Login/Join 
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted
If you saw someone allowing and watching their dog piss on your wheel and tire what would you do?

A group of us were sitting around the patio at the motorhome a woman and several young teens came by she had one dog and one of the young teens had the other on a leash. The dog controlled by the teen stops and begins pissing on my vehicle's tire and wheel. Conversation

Me: Hey your dog is pissing on my tire!

Silence

Me: Hey your dog is pissing on my tire!

Woman: Sorry

Me: Could you watch your dog better?

Woman: I do watch my dog!

Me: Really? Your dog just pissed on my tire.

Woman: I do watch my dog, it's only dog piss! I'll piss on your tire!

As she is walking away.

Me: I have no doubt that you would!

The group around me had mixed views. One thought I knew them and was just joking.

Question:
What would you do?

Choices:
Watch as the dog pissed on your wheel go and clean it off afterwards.
Confront the dog owner's lack of control of their pet and respect of others property.
Shake your head, wash the tire off grab a beer, and later piss on the tire yourself keeping your territory marked.
Go into a crazy war dance on the patio making the woman believe you are not in control of your faculties, thus avoiding your area in future walks.
All of the above
None of the above.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
You forgot - immediately shoo the dog away, regardless what the owner is paying attention to - and then tell the owner to let their dog piss on their tires.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I'll take a more illustrative approach.

While the dog is busy pissing on my tire, I think I'd be tempted to whip it out and start pissing on the dog.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I had one neighbor's dog pissing on my truck wheels and it has rusted the center caps. I missed catching him in the act by about 5 to 15 seconds three different times.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That lady would've gotten a mouthful...at the very least.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
You guys wound a little too tight Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The stuff you drive through on a daily basis is likely just as bad if not worse than dog piss. *shrug* Does SD not use salt on the roads? Here in MN from Dec - May (need a few good rains to wash it all away) my vehicles are picking up salt (and who knows what else that the DOT puts down) nearly every time they're on the road. A little dog piss here or there isn't going to affect the life of anything significantly in that environment.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Follow her home and piss on her tire. Have some asparagus first. She shouldn't mind.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sreding:
The stuff you drive through on a daily basis is likely just as bad if not worse than dog piss. *shrug* Does SD not use salt on the roads? Here in MN from Dec - May (need a few good rains to wash it all away) my vehicles are picking up salt (and who knows what else that the DOT puts down) nearly every time they're on the road. A little dog piss here or there isn't going to affect the life of anything significantly in that environment.

You really wouldn't take offense to what this lady did? Here's a hint, the issue isn't what the dog did or the pee on the wheel.

If a random stray dog just happens to wonder over and pee on my tire, I'd simply shoo it away and wash down the tire without much ire (hey, it rhymes!).

However, when a woman makes a conscious decision to allow her animal to do that to a stranger's property, she deserves a good slap in the face...in my opinion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Find something else to get your blood pressure up over. You drive over/through nastier stuff daily. While it's annoying and inconsiderate, your truck tire isn't going to dissolve or start spewing air/nitrogen because you saw some dog marking it. Now if the dog had of marked you, you then have a grievance.

GET OFF MY LAWN! Wink

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I imagine I'd express my displeasure along the same lines you did initially. However, when she said sorry, that was probably the best time to end it.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
In the grand scheme, not a big deal. But this is yet another example of self entitled, rude, inconsiderate people.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
Find something else to get your blood pressure up over. You drive over/through nastier stuff daily. While it's annoying and inconsiderate, your truck tire isn't going to dissolve or start spewing air/nitrogen because you saw some dog marking it. Now if the dog had of marked you, you then have a grievance.

GET OFF MY LAWN! Wink

My opinion as well!

I didn't vote in your poll because my preferred recourse wasn't listed. How about " get another beer"

Get old and spend enough time living in third world shitholes and you start the think this whole fat, dumb and happy american lifestyle is a house of cards that could come crashing down any minute.

The things we bitch about are pretty silly.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'd be inclined to piss on the dog or owner, but I'd probably just yell at both.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken226:
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:

GET OFF MY LAWN! Wink

My opinion as well!

I didn't vote in your poll because my preferred recourse wasn't listed. How about " get another beer"

I'm in this group. I will say that I would never let my dog pee on someone else's tire; but I wouldn't care and probably wouldn't have even taken note of it. I probably would have been asking her about her dog and if I could pet him or not.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I totally sympathize with you. I have occasionally looked out my window at people with a dog on a leash, standing there watching while the dog is bent over dropping a steamy one on my front lawn. Then they just walk on.

I once went out and followed a woman for the rest of the walk. She got upset, but I told her I'm just finding out where she lives so I can truck all my dog's copious shit pile to her front lawn. When she threatened to call the cops, I pointed out that the cop will see the video of her dog crapping on my lawn, and the pile is still there, so she can expect a ticket. Even with no video, she didn't call my bluff. She has never walked her dog in front of my house again.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't know right from wrong, so I would pet her dog with one of my little bitty hands and throw shit at her with the other...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43878 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'd certainly tell her to drag that dog away from my car.

Then, I'd dress in ninja gear and wait in hiding. If she came back - poison blow dart to the neck. Both her and the dog.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Probably just shake my head in disgust since I don't drink beer anymore. Not something I'd allow any of my dogs to do, but I have come to realize that people are fully capable of disappointing you if you have any expectations at all of them. On the flip side, if one has no expectations of people, they can occasionally really surprise you in a positive way.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
What about your mailbox? Can my dog piss on your mailbox?

What about your tree or bush by the sidewalk?

Or your garbage cans on the street?

Personally, I draw the line at legs. I never let any dog pee on my leg. And I never let my dog pee on anyone else's leg. Unless it's raining. Then they may not notice.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post