SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are we about to get into a nuclear war with N.Korea?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are we about to get into a nuclear war with N.Korea? Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted
I was going to make this a poll, but that seems to trivialize something that is way too serious. We are not sure of their delivery capabilities-- could they hit Hawaii or California?-- and whether they could hit us with, say, submarine launched missiles.

What do you think? Is this all familiar Nork bluster? Or is it really serious this time?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UpTheIrons
posted Hide Post
Nope, just bluster.

“I used to be totally into Steve Vai and Joe Satriani and other shredders, and I tried to emulate what they did and really grow as a guitarist,” Mr. Hanneman said in “Louder Than Hell.” “Then I said, ‘I don’t think I’m that talented, but more important, I don’t care.’ ”

Posts: 1726 | Location: Arizona Territory | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
All bluster at this point, assuming the crazy fat boy with the bad haircut in NK wants to keep living his nice lifestyle.

And while they have nukes, I don't think they have them miniaturized enough to put on ICBMs.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are we about to get into a nuclear war with N.Korea?

Only if they shoot first.

If we shoot first? We're fucked.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
We are not sure of their delivery capabilities-- could they hit Hawaii or California?-

No.
That's what we are trying to prevent them from becoming capable of doing.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Operation Porkroast"

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
We are not sure of their delivery capabilities-- could they hit Hawaii or California?
Only if it's a ship name Hawaii or California and it's parked 37' from the launch site.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Japan, China, and South Korea should be concerned.
Us on the other hand They don't have the capability to reach us but our impact would be economic if the north were to crack one off over there.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that fat man-child actually dropped a nuke on South Korea his shit hole of a country would be eradicated along with his family dynasty. Then what's he gonna do? Nope, he will just continue to threaten and bluster like a spoiled child so somebody will pay attention to him.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They seem to have a device, not a deliverable weapon. Maybe if they load it into the back of a big truck and drive it to the border.
The artillery and number of soldiers are their biggest threat but that seems unlikely if the gargoyle wants to stay above room temperature.
Nobody has called their bluff since the 50's and we only did that because they attacked.
MacArthur may have had the right idea.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
I would worry more about fat kid getting a 40kt device on a Maersk ship full of Chinese Walmart crap and sailing it in to Long Beach. More his style.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
nuke, nuke, nuke, nuke, nuke'em gangdem style

In all seriousness prolly not.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I really believe China, who has a lot of its economy based on western money, has a vested interest in telling lil' Kim to STFU and stop rocking the boat. I really think NK is and always has been all about bluster probably for the sake of controlling its own population.

The reality is, in today's world if NK popped off a nuke in anger it would be catastrophic but ultimately lead to the end of NK. Lil Kim is fairly crazy but I doubt he is that stupid.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I think China will make sure he chokes on a sweet and sour pork rib before his chubby little fingers press any red button.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the only way these guys can deliver a nuke is to use UPS

he doesn't pose a threat to us, but South Korean and Japan should be worried

much like his stature and standing on the world stage, it would be a short war

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The pieces are aligning for a pretty good fight. There is a lot in play.

The biggest questions here are:
- Is Kim Jung Idiot so wrapped up in his cult of personality and superiority complex that he believes he can pick a fight and win?
- Does NORK really have the capability to successfully deploy a nuclear device via missile or bomber more than 15 miles?
- If they can, where will it really end up?
- Is China ready to spank their petulant step child and are we merely providing containment?

If NORK launches a short range missile at Seoul or Japan the retribution will be swift. Whether or not the response is nuclear or not remains to be seen. Between the US & China we could wreak significant damage and never uncork the nuclear genie. Unfortunately if it doesn't blow up on the pad, successfully makes it to target and actually functions, a lot of innocent people will die needlessly.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Any engagement with the North that doesn't end with Seoul basically destroyed and hordes of southern deaths will be amazing. So many people there, so close. Way to many to evacuate, too, and it's too far away and too many of them to find safety anyway.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like we have humored this punk and his dad/ granddad for decades with the handshake deal with the Chinese that they would be the NORK relief valve and stamp them down if they got too big for their britches. Not sure why we have to make aggressive moves and take a provoking posture with them now. Yes he probably doesn't have ICBM nuke capabilities but do you want to be South korea or Japan right now assuming he can get one delivered a few miles ?

Posts: 4764 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post