SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Invector vs. Invector Plus Shotgun Choke Tubes: Wrench Slot Widths?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Invector vs. Invector Plus Shotgun Choke Tubes: Wrench Slot Widths? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Can somebody tell me whether Invector or Invector Plus shotgun choke tubes have the more narrow wrench slots?

Even better: The slot widths of each?

Searched my ever-lovin' backside off and could not find the answers to these questions.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
http://www.browning.com/produc...e-tube-wrenches.html

Don't know if that link helps. They do offer a wrench that fits both types.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks, but, like every other discussion I found on the topic: Nobody ever comes right out and says which of the two has the more narrow slots.

It's just a bit >< frustrating.

quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
http://www.browning.com/produc...e-tube-wrenches.html

Don't know if that link helps. They do offer a wrench that fits both types.

Thanks. I just received the left-hand top tool, the "T-Wrench." Lugs are too wide for my SKB's choke tube slots.

I'm beginning to think I'll just take a file or Dremel tool to the Browning T-Wrench and be done with it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Get one of these and use it on all your shotguns no matter what brand.
I stopped using slot wrenches years ago.*

Carlson wrench

*added - after Mad one of my Browning wrenches chewed up the edge of a Diana grade choke tube.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Invector plus has narrow slots.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

So it's either take a double-hit on shipping and end up with no wrench or take a triple-hit on shipping.

Should've asked here first Mad

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

So it's either take a double-hit on shipping and end up with no wrench or take a triple-hit on shipping.

Should've asked here first Mad

Originally invector tubes were all flush fit chokes and invector+ were extended. If theyre old chokes you can tell that way. Amd of course, theyre inscribed if it isnt worn off.

Guns using I+ have backbored barrels.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Would you happen to have Invector Plus chokes and/or wrench and a calliper or micrometer?

Before ordering again, this time I'd prefer to know I'm ordering something that'll actually work Wink

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Would you happen to have Invector Plus chokes and/or wrench and a calliper or micrometer?

Before ordering again, this time I'd prefer to know I'm ordering something that'll actually work Wink

*bump*

Anybody?

I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anybody?

If ever in a pinch I just use coins.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1858 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stiab:
quote:
Anybody?

If ever in a pinch I just use coins.

Yes, but I'm looking for a wrench to put in the pocket of my shotgun case.

I had the original, stamped SKB wrench, but I either accidentally left it behind, somewhere (unlikely) or it fell through a gap in the pocket's flap (most likely). And SKB wants $30, just for that cheap-azz stamped wrench. I don't think so.

Beginning to look like I'm going to have to hunt-down and join a shotgunning-specific forum to get this answer.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
As was suggested earlier:

http://www.brownells.com/gunsm...wrench-prod4177.aspx

A much better solution

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
As was suggested earlier:

http://www.brownells.com/gunsm...wrench-prod4177.aspx

A much better solution

Maybe... Some users have reported not being able to get a strong enough friction fit to get their choke tubes back out.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I keep the threads clean and lubed with choke tube grease. I've seen tubes siezed so bad a factory tube wrench wouldn't remove them.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I keep the threads clean and lubed with choke tube grease.

"Choke tube grease?" Srsly?

What is special about choke tube grease that I wouldn't get out of a good oil (Hoppe's or Wilson) or a good grease such as TWB-25B? Or even plain old white lithium grease?

quote:
I've seen tubes siezed so bad a factory tube wrench wouldn't remove them.

I suppose if you wrench 'em down with authority and leave 'em in forever: Yeah, that could happen.

I've typically made sure the threads are clean, wiped-in some Hoppe's oil, and snugged them down with "moderate" force with the cheap, stamped wrench. I've never had to apply more than a little >< oomph to get them loose. Even after they've been in there for years.

That Carlsons wrench would be handy to shorted-up the eternity it takes to spin the things out and back in again, that's for sure!

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Tube grease has graphite in it. It's actually better than oil or lithium grease in my experience. I was surprised, too.

My bride used to shoot hundreds of rounds a week in practice for sporting clays. We bought ammo by the pallet. Thank God she lost interest in it. Wink