SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stand Your Ground: Florida Man Records Himself in Shooting of Step Dad
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stand Your Ground: Florida Man Records Himself in Shooting of Step Dad Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
pnj.com can be squirrely and want a subscription, so here is the text.

"James Greenwood, a Beulah man who was charged with murder for shooting his estranged stepfather Al Jones, was found not guilty Friday.

In a week-long trial, jurors heard testimony that in November 2014, Greenwood shot and killed Jones as he broke into the Mobile Highway home they had once all shared.

Jones, who was married to Greenwood's mother and whose name was on the deed to their house, as well as another man who was acquainted with Jones, entered the house through the laundry room door.

Greenwood, who had been hiding in another room of the house, then shot Jones several times with a 12-gauge shotgun, and Jones was found dead of gunshot wounds next to a set of trash cans beside the house.

Greenwood said he felt threatened by Jones and acted in self-defense. Prosecutors argued Greenwood intentionally created the conditions for a confrontation and "ambushed" his stepfather.

With the not guilty verdict, Greenwood will be released from custody and cleared of all charges. "

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't seem to take the jury long to acquit.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Sets a nice precedent doesn't it? Don't want none? Don't break into a shotgun wielding dude's trailer.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Sets a nice precedent doesn't it? Don't want none? Don't break into a shotgun wielding dude's trailer.
And don't be a raging asshole and point guns at people, causing them to fear for their lives.

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I saw this coming and cannot understand why they prosecuted this guy in the first place. The reasonable doubt was there from the start

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post