SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Air Marshal question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air Marshal question Login/Join 
posted
I just heard a former TSA blue shirt is now claiming to be a FAM. I know he has no prior le experience, tried to get on with multiple departments and failed. He was with TSA for perhaps 10 years, is now in his mid 50s. Does anyone know if that kind of lateral move or preferential hiring is possible? I know for new hires the age limit is 37.

If it's true this is not a guy I'd feel good about being in that position. Just saying. Good thing there's an incredibly small chance we'd ever end up on the same flight.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
If he's already in his 50's then he is full of it.

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that is the TSA version of military guys claiming to be SEALS, DELTA, Special Forces, etc.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard about this from a mutual friend, himself a vet-Army helo pilot from Vietnam. I'd like to think he has a pretty good bullshit detector. The other guy is out on the internet from when he was with TSA harassing a passenger after said passenger passed through security,
boarded a flight and landed in his destination city.

Crazy stuff

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only way I can see this happening is if he had many years of prior Federal 6C (law enforcement) coverage that started well before the mandatory hiring age restriction.

That scenario is highly unlikely if he was a screener. There is also a mandatory retirement age which is now 57 with 20 years of 6C coverage If I recall correctly.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post