SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good site for cloud storage?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good site for cloud storage? Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
For personal use, if some has privacy issue, just encrypt.

For people who don't have access to private corporate distributed storage. If they're not in the cloud, and their residence goes up in flames, they have nothing.

quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I ask this not in jest but seriousness

I don't trust the cloud, or any type of storage where I cannot determine that its secure - to me the cloud seems as secure as posting it on a billboard at Times Square

and if there is a problem, who do you call?

we have a corporate storage issue and I am arguing against using anything that has the cloud in the title of the facility

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

There can be secure methods believe it or not for data stored elsewhere other than locally.

This. Do you have any idea how much of your information is already in "the cloud" ? Employer records, your Doctor/Clinic is likely using some HIPPA cloud host, etc.

FWIW, I use dropbox for personal stuff, but it has limitations and can be expensive.

There are several solid choices. I've used Microsoft One Drive, and it's solid as are many of the others.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10923 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post