SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dodgers or Red Sox
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dodgers or Red Sox Login/Join 
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
present.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Go Dodgers! Not a huge baseball follower, but it's fun during playoffs and was a Dodger fan growing up. I pretty much only follow the Kings constantly, and the way they have been playing, I need something to cheer for...

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Red sox

Just can't root for the Dodgers...EVER Wink

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3475 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I'm a National League, i.e. real baseball, guy, but I hate the Dodgers.

This is one where I'll just have to watch, and somewhere along the way, I'll start pulling for somebody.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Red Sox. In this neck of the woods, definitely Red Sox country. I have been a fan since I knew what baseball was.

They beat The Yankees, then Houston...they "should" beat the Dodgers.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The Bears.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The Dodgers and Red Sox are two of Major League Baseball’s oldest teams, dating to 1883 and 1901, respectively. But the World Series that begins Tuesday night in Boston will be only the second between the two storied franchises.

The last time they met in the Fall Classic? The year was 1916 – and the Dodgers weren’t even called the Dodgers. They were the Brooklyn Robins, named after their manager, Wilbert Robinson.

And while Boston’s Fenway Park was just five seasons old, the Series games hosted by the American League champs were played at Braves Field, home of the city’s National League entry, because it had a larger seating capacity. (The Braves fled Boston long ago, for Milwaukee and later Atlanta, but portions of Braves Field remain as part of Nickerson Field on the campus of Boston University.)

Savvy fans in 1916 had their eyes on one particular member of the Red Sox – a 21-year-old left-handed pitcher by the name of George Herman “Babe” Ruth, who won 23 games that season, including nine by shutout.

The Brooklyn side featured a scrappy 26-year-old outfielder named Casey Stengel.

Both Ruth and Stengel would go on to greater fame with the New York Yankees – Ruth as a slugging outfielder and Stengel as a manager.

But in 1916, Ruth’s Red Sox bested Stengel’s Robins, four games to one, to take the title. Highlights included two home runs and six RBI by Boston’s Larry Gardner, and Ruth allowing just one earned run in a 14-inning complete game victory in Game 2, according to Baseball-Reference.com.

It’s been more than a century since the two clubs met to decide baseball’s championship – and most fans are hoping this year's Series will be worth the wait.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
I'm a National League, i.e. real baseball, guy, but I hate the Dodgers.

This is one where I'll just have to watch, and somewhere along the way, I'll start pulling for somebody.

+1

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Sox.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3446 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
BEAT L.A.! Just as true in baseball as in basketball.

Grew up a Sox fan even though I lived in NY. Mine is a fandom sealed by the blood of multiple playground scrapes. God damn I hated the Yankees. My first target for my B.B. gun was the wrapper of a Reggie Bar.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I decided to root for Boston because Machado has shown himself to be a classless jerk.

One a side note: Boy do I miss broadcasters like Vin Scully. These broadcasters are simply awful.

Skip all the human interest stories, game "insights", "sounds" of the game, worthless statistics, "insider" chatter, etc. Just STFU and call the game. Mad

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am rooting for Boston.

I can't stomach the Dodgers after the series with the Brewers.

I was lucky enough to be at game 6 of the NLCS and damn near had my ear drums blown out from the Manny Machado booing.

He is really the only reason i dont like the Dodgers though, the rest of the guys are decent....

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a born and bred Giants fan I will never root for the dodgers for anything. Beautiful to see former Giant Nunez hit that 3 run jack tonight.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I don't have a dog in this fight and it might as well be the team that beat the Astros. It'd make me feel better about the Astros loss.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I remain unable to pick a team in Baseball, I just hope for 7 games

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Red Sox! Just don't wash them with any light colored teams.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Curt Schilling was an integral part of the 2004 Boston Red Sox World Series team, helping them break the dreaded “Curse of the Bambino.”

However, when the Red Sox brought back some players from the 2004 team – including Pedro Martinez, David Ortiz, Kevin Millar, Tim Wakefield, Jason Varitek, Keith Foulke and Alan Embree – before Wednesday's Game 2 of the World Series, they left Schilling out of the pregame festivities.

The organization didn’t invite him, according to the Boston Globe.

“We did not reach out to him,” a team executive told the newspaper. “But it is not out of spite. It was originally just going to be Pedro and David and Wake and Millar, but we heard from a few others and they are included.”

Schilling, who helped the Red Sox defeat the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 2 of the World Series 14 years ago Wednesday night, confirmed in a tweet he wasn’t invited.

“Nope. No worries though, great to see @45PedroMartinez @davidortiz and @KMillar15 ‘The pimper (sic) of walks’ though. Oh and I get to keep my 3 rings and 3 trophies, so it's all good,” he wrote.

Though the Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Philadelphia Phillies have included Schilling in past ceremonies, Schilling’s political views in a heated climate have hampered him in the past.

ESPN fired Schilling from his analyst job in 2016 after sharing a post on Facebook that suggested he was against a measure that would have allowed North Carolina residents to use the restroom that corresponds with their gender identity.

Prior to being fired from the “Worldwide Leader,” Schilling was taken off the Little League World Series broadcast after he compared Muslims to Nazis on social media.

Schilling, 51, is considered to be a sure-fire Hall of Famer. He amassed 3,116 strikeouts over his 20-year career, including striking out 300 batters in a season twice. He also won 20 games three times in his career.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Curt Schilling was an integral part of the 2004 Boston Red Sox World Series team, helping them break the dreaded “Curse of the Bambino.”

The Sox might never have broken the curse in 2004 if Schilling hadn't subjected himself to an unusual surgical procedure on his ankle which resulted in Game 6 of the ALCS forever being remembered as the "bloody sock" game.

I don't care about his politics, non-PC comments or failed computer game company. His toughness finally brought a Championship back to Red Sox Nation - a high New Englanders haven't reached since and for that I am forever grateful.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3446 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Revolution rule!

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Been a Red Sox fan for many, many years. Go Saux!!!!

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post