SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Marine Corps Body Bearers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marine Corps Body Bearers Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
I had no idea they existed until I came across this video

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the video. I was trying to figure out why they were all so massive until the part where they explained that they use 6 instead of 8 guys, and they carry them at shoulder height.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of "body bearer" but I do know that most funerals are staffed by I&I Marines. And yes there is a certain protocol that needs to be performed for each burial. I never had the privilege of doing I&I but I had many friends that did.

One buddy of mine, Gunny that retired a year ago, did so many funerals when he was I&I the commander banned him from future processions. He did his duty.

Beautiful video.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Semper Fidelis!!!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1171 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thumbs up. I am a veteran of the Air Force and proud of all the Branches. Vietnam Era. Those guys are amazing. I couldn't do it due my size and probably the emotional side would be too much. I salute.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post