SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have you seen anyone with vivid green eyes?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you seen anyone with vivid green eyes? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Occasionally, in a novel, some character is said to have vivid green eyes. Have you ever seen such a person? I haven’t.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Yup, Mary Helen something from Anahuac Texas.
Guys would fall dead over with one look.
As my barber would say
So beautiful, they would make you slap your grandma!

FYI
Hank Said it best, I thought I'd seen beauty in faraway places, till I looked upon those Houston faces, spent Hollywood nights up in Beverly Hills, but they weren't nothin like one night down in BROWNSVILLE

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. A friend's girlfriend back in the day had strikingly deep emerald green eyes, with pale skin that made them stand out even further. She said it was the first thing that everyone noticed, and just about everyone felt compelled to comment on them, so she wished they were some other plainer color. Big Grin

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yep blonde I new many moons ago. Blonde hair and absolutely striking/bright green eyes. Still remember to this day.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Y'mean like this?

I have. No longer recall who or when, but I have seen them.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
You know, I'm not certain I ever have in real life. I do see the red hair/green eyes combo in fiction quite often (Clive Cussler seemed to have been fond of redheads).

What's more rare than green eyes, IMO, is somebody with gold eyes. I have met two ladies with gold eyes. One was the wife in the husband/wife team who conducted our pre-marital counseling. The other was my first physical therapist this year (I tore my distal biceps tendon and needed PT).

Both were strikingly beautiful, mostly because of the rare color of their eyes. It took conscious effort to not stare at them.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I dated a redhead back in the early 70's that had green eyes. I don't remember if they were vivid or not, but I do recall that she was crazier than a cat on fire. I couldn't run away from her fast enough once I figured that out. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew a Redhead and she stole my soul.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Mine are green. Probably not so vivid anymore. I once dated a girl with literally gold colored eyes. We didn’t last long, but I’ll never forget how enchanting it was to focus on her eyes in the sun. Dude.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Knew one in college.
Amazing.
Was advised by a number of guys to steer clear, and did. I'm sure it's for the best, but rarely still think about her and wonder.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Cover of National Geographic some years back. Believe she was an Afghan. Anyone else remember that?

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
The Cover of National Geographic some years back. Believe she was an Afghan. Anyone else remember that?

This one?
https://thepowerofthefrontcove...ional-geographic.jpg

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Yes, but those aren't green.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what color were they? They were piercing.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
they were green/blue but not vivid green

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Weaseldriver
posted Hide Post
Afghan Girl is a 1984 photographic portrait of Sharbat Gula (Pashto: شربت ګله‎) (pronounced [ˈʃaɾbat]) (born c. 1972), also known as Sharbat Bibi, taken by photojournalist Steve McCurry.[1] It appeared on the June 1985 cover of National Geographic. The image is of an adolescent girl with green eyes in a red headscarf looking intensely at the camera. The identity of the photo's subject was not initially known, but in early 2002, she was identified as Sharbat Gula. She was a Pashtun child living in the Nasir Bagh refugee camp in Pakistan during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan when she was photographed.

The photo has been likened to Leonardo da Vinci's painting of the Mona Lisa[2][3] and been called "the First World's Third World Mona Lisa".[4] The image became "emblematic" of "refugee girl/woman located in some distant camp" deserving of the Western viewer's compassion.[5] It became a symbol of Afghanistan to the west.[6]

Posts: 468 | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Weaseldriver
posted Hide Post
couldn't get the picture to post. edited my post and the picture shows up in the post above? weird.

Posts: 468 | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Yep. A friend's girlfriend back in the day had strikingly deep emerald green eyes, with pale skin that made them stand out even further. She said it was the first thing that everyone noticed, and just about everyone felt compelled to comment on them, so she wished they were some other plainer color. Big Grin

Did she have auburn hair too? Was her name Jolene?

I once knew a guy w/ a fetish for girls w/ green eyes. His name was David Lo-Pan.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
The last time I met a girl with red hair and green eyes, I didn’t know whether to stop or go.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Did she have auburn hair too? Was her name Jolene?

No, and no.

Dark brown, and I don't remember.