SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    With the tax bill passed, what is left of Obamacare?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

With the tax bill passed, what is left of Obamacare? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I'm not smart enough to connect all the dots. With the removal of the individual mandate, what does this mean for what's left of Obamacare? And if it's basically dead, what is the likelihood that a full repeal could/should happen now?

What does this mean for "buying insurance across state lines"?

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5394 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This may start unwinding Obamacare but isn’t a quick or easy cure for this mess.
Hopefully it will make the Congress start what they should have done last year.
Don’t let anyone fool you, it’s going to take a major effort and there will be a lot of pain before it gets better.
At least it’s a start in the right direction.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
The employer mandate and all its reporting requirements are still in place as is the Medicaid expansion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LBTRS,

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
This may start unwinding Obamacare but isn’t a quick or easy cure for this mess.
Hopefully it will make the Congress start what they should have done last year.
Don’t let anyone fool you, it’s going to take a major effort and there will be a lot of pain before it gets better.
At least it’s a start in the right direction.
Actually, the elimination of the individual mandate and the refusal of the current administration to continue 'stop gap' payments to insurance providers will speed the demise of BarryCare once and for all. You are absolutely correct in that nothing passed thus far will do a thing to 'fix' the mess, however, forcing the current setup to the end of the road should be viewed as a good first step in that direction.

The big concern, and something everyone should be watching for is human garbage like Flake, Collins, McCain, and others (i.e. covert liberal Democrats) who want Congress to pass a measure to continue many of the subsidies (both individual and for insurance providers) to 'shore up' the insurance markets. Any such measure should be vehemently opposed and rejected, yet the cowards in the GOPe are likely to try and float this 'fix' anyway.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ObamaCare Medicaid Expansion still remains. This is a HUGELY expense program, and is the reason that ObamaCare could not be repealed. Medicaid is just too good of a deal for the participants.

There are 31 states that have adopted the Medicaid Expansion, and 19 states that have not. I live in one of the states that have not, but our newly elected governator says he wants it, and least on some days. The expansion has been "successful" beyond expectations, and the cost has been beyond expectations as well.

Here is a good article about the expansion.

http://www.nationalreview.com/...no-brainer-hes-wrong

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The next thing that should happen is that king Obama (the fraud that he is) should be arrested and charged with treason. Than locked away for eternity along with his tranny "wife" Big Mike Robinson AKA Micheal Obama.
I still believe he pulled the biggest SCAM ever on the stupid American public. He was assisted by the democrats and protected by the corrupt main stream media.
Obama did everything he could to screw the American public, bring down the USA and bolster ISIS, muslims and every fringe radical group.
Stupid, foolish gullible Americans......
You got the crap you voted for and will continue to get the crap you vote for.
You will never learn!!! I have no sympathy for you, so quit complaining!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your perspectives.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5394 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Screw that obamacare. I hear it blows big-time anyway.

But seriously, obamacare simply is not viable without the individual mandate so it must now be on life support.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30400 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Thousands of pages of regulations, thousands.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Screw that obamacare. I hear it blows big-time anyway.

But seriously, obamacare simply is not viable without the individual mandate so it must now be on life support.

The individual mandate was the heart of Obamacare. The stake has been driven through it. It's done.

Q

Posts: 26323 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I grew up reading Sigforum
Picture of owenbright
posted Hide Post
The cost of insurance is still jacked up w/ obambicare "features." Nothing's been changed there.

Without the individual mandate (forcing people to buy insurance), the only place the companies can make up the missing $s is by increasing the premium.
I'm afraid the rates will go up yet again. Obviously, I hope I'm dead wrong.

They really need to undo the entire crap. Sooner than later.

Posts: 1884 | Location: on the move | Registered: June 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
The next thing that should happen is that king Obama (the fraud that he is) should be arrested and charged with treason. Than locked away for eternity along with his tranny "wife" Big Mike Robinson AKA Micheal Obama.
I still believe he pulled the biggest SCAM ever on the stupid American public. He was assisted by the democrats and protected by the corrupt main stream media.
Obama did everything he could to screw the American public, bring down the USA and bolster ISIS, muslims and every fringe radical group.
Stupid, foolish gullible Americans......
You got the crap you voted for and will continue to get the crap you vote for.
You will never learn!!! I have no sympathy for you, so quit complaining!

Tell us how you really feel.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
"With the tax bill passed, what is left of Obamacare?"

Pretty much all of it right now. I got my renewal quotes last month and for the two of us a silver plan is $35,000, the lowest bronze plan is $25,000. The subsidy here ends at income of $64,000 for 2, before taxes and any deductions.

Still waiting on the do nothing politicians in DC but not holding my breath. As it sits, this doesn't kick in until 1/1/19.
The deductibles are so high that the people it was meant to help can't afford to go the a doctor, the ones that pay for it have rates so high and no subsidy that you can't buy it.
What a mess.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post