SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Papa John's Founder Getting Lynched Today By Twitter Mob
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Papa John's Founder Getting Lynched Today By Twitter Mob Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Apparently, he resigned today.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/...atter-032152505.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
He was set up, plain and simple. Anonymous sources were the basis of the Forbes article. Had he been a Hillary supporter none of this happens.

Got to go pick up my pizza now.

I've known John since his high school days. He grew up 3 doors down the street and he took over the chores I used to do when I left home. My dad loaned him his pick-up numerous times for trips to Ball State and during the early days of his pizza business I traded him Christmas trees for pizza. He is a good guy and a straight shooter.

I didn't know he went to Ball State. I like him even more now.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What was the context? What did he say?

Now, now... no sense in cluttering up a good outrage with pesky facts and such!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a large Papa John's last night.

Gotta admit that they are sort of expensive! I'm normally a $5 Pizza guy.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a shame he was forced out. This political correctness crap will be the death of us.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I won't buy another pizza until they have him return.

This shit has to stop.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:

If you paid full menu price, yes it is stupid expensive. They do 50% off whenever your home team wins. Here they do CAPS50, NATS50, WIZ50, UNITED50, off and on the Skins too.

There's even a website for DC. Probably one for you too.

http://ispizzahalfprice.com/dc/

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I need to order a pizza.

Or some stock.

Yup. If it was sound before, buy it now that it is cheaper.

Uhhh, well, a quick perusal of the year end balance sheet shows liabilities exceed assets, no shareholder equity on the books.

Then skip the stock purchase.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
If you order online, the big 3 chains pretty much have a 1/2 off or other offer/coupon code all the time. Check retailmenot.com

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I need to order a pizza.

Or some stock.

Uhhh, well, a quick perusal of the year end balance sheet shows liabilities exceed assets, no shareholder equity on the books.

Dunno man, somebody bought the dip. Up ~10.5% as of this writing.

Posts: 1536 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:

If you paid full menu price, yes it is stupid expensive. They do 50% off whenever your home team wins. Here they do CAPS50, NATS50, WIZ50, UNITED50, off and on the Skins too.

There's even a website for DC. Probably one for you too.

http://ispizzahalfprice.com/dc/

Don't forget, they also have a SCHERZER31 deal! Wink

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Papa John’s Pizza shares posted their biggest percentage increase in roughly six years on Thursday, hours after company founder John Schnatter stepped down as chairman following his use of a racial slur during a May conference call.

Papa John’s shares rose more than 11% to $53.67 in trading Thursday, erasing the company’s losses from Wednesday after Schnatter’s admission. The stock saw their highest single-day percentage increase since May 2, 2012, when it rose 19.93%. Share are down 4% so far this year.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/ma...after-schnatter-exit

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't he already get demoted when he said something about not liking the kneeling during the anthem and said it was hurting the NFL??

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
He demoted himself then and he demoted himself today.

This thread title is absolutely accurate. JS has been lynched by an anonymous source and a bunch of virtue signaling social justice warriors. Fuck em all.

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket72:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I need to order a pizza.

Or some stock.

Dunno man, somebody bought the dip. Up ~10.5% as of this writing.

Well all right then!

The Will Rogers school of investment analysis. ”Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy it.”

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
Good grief, the guy just used the word in a sentence. These people are waging a war against whitey.

Yeah, soon we'll need to attend a sensitivity class...

https://www.reddit.com/r/telev...g_interesting_scene/

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The fallout from ‘Papa John’ Schnatter’s use of a racial slur continues in the wake of his resignation.

Mike Moore, the mayor of Schnatter’s hometown of Jeffersonville, Ind., has announced that a fieldhouse named for the controversial Papa John’s founder will no longer bear his name. He has also mailed back a donation Schnatter had committed to the building in 2017.

"The city of Jeffersonville represents a very diverse community," Mayor Moore said Wednesday, as reported by the Louisville Courier Journal. "It was a tough decision, but I believe it was the right decision."

Mike Moore, the mayor of John Schnatter's hometown, announced news that a gym center in the town would no longer bear the Papa John's founder's name. (Jeffersonville Mayor's Office)

The fieldhouse, which since 2017 was known as the John H. Schnatter–Nachand Fieldhouse, will revert back to its original name: Nachand Fieldhouse.

Schnatter’s name was added to the building after he pledged $800,000 toward its renovations, which are currently ongoing. Moore confirmed to Fox News that he mailed back $400,000 of Schnatter's pledged donation — the entirety of what he says Shnatter had paid so far — back on Thursday morning.

Papa John’s confirmed on Wednesday that Schnatter had resigned from the company's board following a Forbes report claiming he used the N-word during a conference call with a marketing firm in May 2018.

Citing “a source with knowledge of the event,” Forbes reported that Schantter was taking part in a role-playing exercise in the wake of his comments concerning the NFL, and him placing blame on the league’s national anthem protests for the company’s sales. During the call, he reportedly said “Colonel Sanders called blacks n----“ and never faced backlash.

He also allegedly stated that, in his home state of Indiana, “people used to drag African-Americans from trucks until they died,” reportedly intending for the sentiment to convey his opposition to racism.

The marketing firm on the call, Laundry Service, later terminated their contract with Papa John’s.

Schnatter apologized for the remarks Wednesday. “News reports attributing the use of inappropriate and hurtful language to me during a media training session regarding race are true,” said Schnatter in a statement released by Papa John’s. “Regardless of the context, I apologize. Simply stated, racism has no place in our society.”

Schnatter originally stepped down as Papa John’s CEO in December 2017, after claiming that the NFL’s handing of player protests contributed to the company’s third-quarter earnings slump. Papa John’s ended its official sponsorship of the NFL in February 2018.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Man this is ridiculous.

He isn't racist you idiots! He said the word referencing someone else who said it. And the truck thing? Is simply mentioning racist activities now also racist? Even in the context of disagreeing with them?

Holy shit I don't even know what to say any more. This is fucking bizarro world.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
We see an escalating trend of consequences for people who run afoul of political correctness imposed my the super sanctimonious. Those same pearl clutchers will someday find themselves afoul of the ever expanding definition of political correctness because no one is pure enough to escape its voracious stinking gob.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
U of L plays football in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium and PJ has the naming rights until 2040. SJWs are making noise about taking PJ's name off the stadium but I imagine it's ironclad. This truly is fucking bizarro world.

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post