SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Papa John's Founder Getting Lynched Today By Twitter Mob
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Papa John's Founder Getting Lynched Today By Twitter Mob Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
On Sunday the pizza chain announce that Schnatter was prohibited from speaking to the press, and that in addition to being removed from promotional materials, he had his office space revoked at its Louisville, Kentucky, headquarters.

He's their largest shareholder. They've already booted him from the building. Now they want to revoke the first amendment?

He is still on the board of directors. They may be applying leverage from that angle. He is on the board until the stockholders vote him out unless there is fine print we don't know about.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The confirms my desire to always remain silent and just give a 'nod' when appropriate when dealing with idiots, like this PR firm and the whole N-word discussion.

I have my opinion but it is unimportant to me that I don't explain it to everyone.

If I didn't want to work with someone who used the N-word, I would just find some other reason to work with someone else.

"Yeah, I'm not sure if the company should team up with Kanya - he's a great entertainer but as the Chairman, I think we need to consider all options available - please compile a list of 5-10 entertainers we could team with, the specific benefits each one would bring to the collaboration and the board will consider them next week" - CLICK.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vanwall:
quote:
quote:
On Sunday the pizza chain announce that Schnatter was prohibited from speaking to the press, and that in addition to being removed from promotional materials, he had his office space revoked at its Louisville, Kentucky, headquarters.

He's their largest shareholder. They've already booted him from the building. Now they want to revoke the first amendment?

He is still on the board of directors. They may be applying leverage from that angle. He is on the board until the stockholders vote him out unless there is fine print we don't know about.

From the story on the previous page,

quote:
Papa John's founder John Schnatter is punching back after resigning from his company's board last week in disgrace over racially insensitive comments he made during a "diversity media training" conference call with marketing firm Laundry Service.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Papa John's founder John Schnatter is punching back after resigning from his company's board last week in disgrace over racially insensitive comments he made during a "diversity media training" conference call with marketing firm Laundry Service.

From Today's WSJ

“The board asked me to step down as chairman without apparently doing any investigation. I agreed, though today I believe it was a mistake to do so,” Mr. Schnatter said in the letter, dated Saturday. “I will not allow either my good name or the good name of the company I founded and love to be unfairly tainted.”

Mr. Schnatter remains a board member and, according to regulatory filings, as of March he owned 29% of Papa John’s shares, currently valued at about $500 million. The board doesn’t have the authority to remove him as a director and it will be up to shareholders at the next annual meeting in May to decide whether to re-elect him.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. Schnatter remains a board member and, according to regulatory filings, as of March he owned 29% of Papa John’s shares,

Well... unless he votes against himself... he only needs a little over another 20% out of the remaining 70% to gain a majority. He's in for a fight but should remain a board member.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

From Today's WSJ

“The board asked me to step down as chairman without apparently doing any investigation. I agreed, though today I believe it was a mistake to do so,” Mr. Schnatter said in the letter, dated Saturday. “I will not allow either my good name or the good name of the company I founded and love to be unfairly tainted.”

Mr. Schnatter remains a board member and, according to regulatory filings, as of March he owned 29% of Papa John’s shares, currently valued at about $500 million. The board doesn’t have the authority to remove him as a director and it will be up to shareholders at the next annual meeting in May to decide whether to re-elect him.

So, did he resign and now figures it was a mistake or is the news report of his resignation inaccurate?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
From what I can gather he resigned as chairman of the board but remains a board member.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
From what I can gather he resigned as chairman of the board but remains a board member.

The annual meeting was in May. He can vote himself back onto the board if they have cumulative voting, and maybe either way. A huge amount of stock is owned by institutional investors, funds, etc. Very little float, or a lot if they all hit the silk at once. The recommendations are going from “neutral” to “sell.”

posted Hide Post

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
OMG!
I thought they just made pizzas... now they have gone all PC Roll Eyes

Papa John’s Announces Olivia F. Kirtley Appointed Board Chair and Additional Actions to Advance Cultural and Business Objectives

LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Papa John’s International, Inc. (PZZA) today announced that Lead Independent Director Olivia F. Kirtley has been appointed Chair of the company’s Board of Directors by a unanimous vote of the Board. In addition, the company stated that the Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee of the Board has been conducting a search for additional independent directors and intends to engage with Papa John’s shareholders as part of this process.

Ms. Kirtley stated, “The independent directors of the Papa John’s Board are committed to serving the best interests of the company, our shareholders and other stakeholders. The establishment of the Board’s independent Special Committee and the ongoing cultural audit and investigation are among numerous steps underway to ensure that equity, inclusion, diversity and respect are upheld throughout the organization.”

-rduckwor

Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I won't buy another pizza until they have him return.

This shit has to stop.

I agree.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
". . . are committed to serving the best interests of the company, our shareholders and other stakeholders.”
But not the customers. So it will now be Mama Kirtley's Pizza?

Dumb shits should just make pizzas and STFU.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
The establishment of the Board’s independent Special Committee and the ongoing cultural audit and investigation are among numerous steps underway to ensure that equity, inclusion, diversity and respect are upheld throughout the organization.”

God, only a leftist SJW commie would say shit like this.

Only the left can come up with the stupidest catch phrases.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I haven't ordered a pizza since he stepped down and won't until he forces his way back in and gives a big fuck you to the SJWs.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^If I want a pizza I get it from a local place. None of these national chains is any good in my opinion.

-rduckwor

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
^If I want a pizza I get it from a local place. None of these national chains is any good in my opinion.

Agreed although I do find Papa Murphy's to be quite decent. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
For being in such a large metro, I can't find any decent, reasonably priced delivery pizza.

All the places around me are $20 12" "artizan" pizzas.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
See if Gondoliers has the same pizza as the one up in Calhoun and Dalton.
If so get their 2 for $20 monsters and never go back to PJs.
It BLOWS PJs away.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love papa john's pizza. I used to grab one at the Bahrain airport all the time, before leaving the terminal, because it was better than what was outside the terminal.

I flew with a former Pilot for John, who said the guy was more than objectionable, and much of the time, just plain offensive. This was years ago.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The first time that I bought a pizza from PJ was a couple of weeks ago. A young black man assembled the pizza. He did not seem to be animated about any controversy. The grifters are working the con job hard.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post