SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Doh! Armed suspects rob pub full of police officers attending party
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doh! Armed suspects rob pub full of police officers attending party Login/Join 
posted
Police arrested two men quicker than ever on Tuesday evening after they attempted to rob a bar at gunpoint, where a group of off-duty cops were also having a retirement party.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arm...-full-152336993.html

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Who's the brains of this organization?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that they choose poorly!

Too bad they didn't put up just a little fight and the good officers had to "use reasonable force" with a couple of reloads.... that would have been a better ending.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too bad they didn't put up just a little fight and the good officers had to "use reasonable force" with a couple of reloads.... that would have been a better ending.

That's pretty impressive.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FiveFiveSixFan,

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you scroll thru the mug shots at the beginning of the article, one on them is the brother of Harry Reid.

Where's the beer!

Posts: 475 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to the Baltimore Sun's article, which includes the perpetrators' mugshots.

One of the suspects appears to have fallen down a number of times while trying to run from the pursuing bar patrons.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/ne...-20170830-story.html

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
This will just be a funny story they will tell while they are in "time out city."

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The same thing happened in Chicago many years ago. Chuck Norris recreated it for one of his movies, the name of which I forget. Mikes was a well known cop bar on Webster Street. Well known that is to everyone except the two thugs that thought it would be a good place to rob one night. It didn't end well for the two thugs.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
...the name of which I forget.

Believe it was Code of Silence.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16310 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Something went awry in the planning stage

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Our local Sonny's is favored by many LEO's from various departments for lunch.

I've occasionally contemplated the best survival move if some fool tries to hold up the cashier.

I've come up with:

A) Dive out the glass window and deal with possible laceration bleeding as trained, or

B) Curl up in fetal position on the bench seat and deal with possible stray gunshot bleeding as trained.

I think I'd go with "A".

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I'll hazard that neither perp is nicknamed "Lucky"

Posts: 7450 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post