SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Please Sign my simple petition (a big favor to ask) Please!! (now with more hound!)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please Sign my simple petition (a big favor to ask) Please!! (now with more hound!) Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I suspect that this time evil will win.

Not if the weight of the Internet can be brought to bear on it.

Cockroaches abhor light.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ensigmatic.
I have just uncovered the video of the Water Management District board meeting where approving this sale was a consent item. My local County Commissioner is assisting me in composing a FOIA request pertaining to the highly irregular way in which this parcel came to be for sale. Both My State Senate and House Reps have contacted the SJRWMD and have received replies that they will delay the sale if the County Commission will send them notice that they are bringing this up as an agenda item. It should be on it's way from my local Commissioner tonight. If you guys don't mind, keep signing up to the deadline (March 20th), so I can have a higher total number of petition signers for the full County Commission meeting.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
No. 75 to sign!

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
I got our issue onto the County Commission meeting agenda for Tuesday through one of our Commissioners and a State Senator and State representative.
Our hope is to get the county to agree to take over the property from the SJRWMD.

Please continue to sign the petition, in addition to bringing out every local resident to comment at the meeting, I will be entering the petition into the minutes.

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Done.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Thank you to everyone who signed! The petition is at 144 signatures!

Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
It's been a few days now. How about an update, CaptianMike? Are things still moving in the right direction?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Fenris was right.
We went before the Brevard County Commission today. The St Johns River Water Management District had agreed to delay the sale until after the County meeting. We had 13 speakers recommend the county take the property for FREE. No speakers argued against the county taking the property.

The county commission refused and voted 5-0 against the public.

The last public access to the St Sebastian River is no more, it is now private property belonging to the wealthy jerk at the end of the street.

It certainly looked like the decision had been made before the first speaker ever took the podium.

Sincere Thanks to everyone who wrote or signed my petition. And Thanks to Para for letting me post this here!

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Frown

I would be raising holy hell, btw. This stinks to high heaven.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
sorry to hear Frown

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
That is terrible.
Sounds like at the very minimum, you need to elect new Commissioners come election time. Oust those corrupt ones. It's kind of after the fact on your issue, but at least they could lose their positions over the decisions they made.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post