SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Reading Glasses
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reading Glasses Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
ebay,

3-5 pack, depending the seller, for usually less than $9-10 bucks, shipped,

I usually have a pair on top of my head or my shirt pocket,
one on the desk at work, car, truck, shop, upstairs and downstairs at the house and a pair in my laptop bag,,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
I have both, Clics and cheapies that I leave all over the house. Whenever I go out, I grab my Clics. They are especially handy for those occasions when I need to frequently them off and back on again; refereeing a Pickleball match. I have two pair. The second pair is the wide ones. A couple of big advantages is that I don't drop them fumbling with a case and the don't bounce around like they would with a neck cord or chain.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
I got tired of having to keep a pair of reading glasses within arms reach, all over the house, work, etc. So I asked my eye doctor for options. My normal vision is 20/15 so I don't need a prescription to see things are normal distances, just reading as I get older.

She had me try a monovision contact. It has been a world changer for me. I put a single contact in my right eye when I get to work and that allows me to read without having to reach for glasses, it also allows me to see at distance, although not quite a great as normal vision but it's not that much of a sacrifice.

I take it out when get home from work, unless I plan to have to read a lot that evening. I still use readers when I don't have the contact in but that's usually only on weekends if we go out to eat and i need to read the menu.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve used SCOJO Gels for a couple years now. Yeah, they’re more expensive than the El Cheapos many are recommending, but they’re durable, light, comfortable, and the lens quality is very high.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Try dollar General store. They often have good ones cheap. The neck thing is called a croaky I think.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I first started needing reading glasses when I was about 47, I hated putting them on, taking them off, forgetting them etc., I had my optometrist make a set of bifocals, with plain glass at the top with my reading prescription at the bottom. pretty much just wore them all the time.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Used the clip on's for years, they are great and handy.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post