SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did not want to intrude on Fpuhan's Wrangler thread.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did not want to intrude on Fpuhan's Wrangler thread. Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted
Is there any company making quality cargo pocket jeans? I have a ton of cp pants, 511,etc. I'd like to have a few cp jeans as well. Done searches for days. no joy.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Cliff, try a search on Amazon for 'mens cargo jeans'. Several pop up which may fit your needs.

Posts: 7310 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
You may want to change the title to something that is more fitting to your topic.

As for me, I am looking for more subtle cargo pants varieties. The ones with rather discrete leg pockets rather than big ballooning pockets. Hope the recommendations here help me too.

A lot of 5.11 seem to be made of really thin material. I prefer traditional cotton khaki material.

Jeans seem to be a lot of Carhartt type stuff. Carpenter type pants.

Are you looking for true cargo jeans with the balloon pickets or will carpenter jeans work?

Posts: 17883 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Oz- While discontinued, someone out (FleaBay?) may have them.
https://www.onestopknifeshop.c...mk-2-pant-denim.html

I have a pair of dark blue denim, relaxed fit.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Duluth may have some options you may like.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/men/pants/?feature=mn4

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
LA Police Gear carries some great "tactical" pants. They are a sportier looking cargo pant without the baloon pockets.

https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-...e-tactical-pant.html

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I like my 5.11 Taclites well enough that I basically don't wear anything else. They're light, cool, durable, and have pretty much perfect pockets for everything I would carry and more. They are also nice enough they can be worn to work in my business casual office environment.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tru Spec 24-7 Classic pants. Low profile zip closed cargo pockets built into the leg seams. Low profile knife and magazine pockets too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, Carhartt and also Carter.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I really like the Duluth fire hose work pants. The material is tough, like fire hose. They also sell a flex version (same pocket layout) which is lighter and doesn't have the texture of the fire hose models. I use the original fire hose pants for working in the yard, where mesquite, acacia, and all sorts of other prickly things lurk. The flex, I wear for everyday use.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I found some Wranglers with cargo pockets at WalMart, they were around 20 bucks. Quite a few colors, they’ve held up well. I’ll find a name on them, I just know they’re Wranglers.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post