SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Decadently Delicious..A new word for me.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decadently Delicious..A new word for me. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
It says it right on the bag. Decadently ! A friend gave me a loaf of raisin cinnamon vanilla bread. Oregon Trail brand. I like raisin cinnamon bread, usually toasted and saturated with melted real butter. I get the thick crust from the bag and see it has a whole box of raisins imbedded...yummy. After 1 bite I proclaimed it to be the best cinnamon raisin bread I've ever eaten. Three days later I have a empty plastic bag. I thought to look up the bakery to send them compliments on a fine product. On line I didn't find who makes the bread. It is on the bag. What I did find are places who sell the bread. Amazon being the percieved least expensive shows $25.49 per loaf..Holy Hell. There was a 4 loaf deal for $55.00. WalMart shows Out of Stock but was $17.49 per loaf. I think I ate the Queen of Englands' raisin cinnamon bread. Never in my life have I seen a loaf of bread cost $25.00. Have you ever had Oregon Trail ?

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I did miss the mark a little here as my Dear Mothers pumpkin Christmas bread with cherries and, a 1/2" thick slab of cream cheese is triple decadently delicious.. Razz

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I’ll get cinnamon raisin bread down at the Waffle House before I ever pay that much.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17246 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
It's at the Sam's Club website for $3.93 a loaf. https://www.samsclub.com/p/ot-...ad-32-oz/prod7360133

You have to watch out for the sellers at Amazon and Walmart that are not the actual store. Their prices do not usually reflect reality as far as food items go.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post