SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Found a listing for a missile silo for sale
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a listing for a missile silo for sale Login/Join 
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted
As is, it says. I’d love to have the money to rehab one of these and live there.

https://mymobile.flexmls.com/g...18164005502811000000

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If you google the address in the listing, there are pics; you’d need a good pile of cheddar after the sale to build a decent abode onsite. I suppose you could build a house and have the worlds coolest basement/boonker Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sooo, future location of the official 'SIGforum Boonker'? Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8870 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The listing does not specify whether missiles are included.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Sooo, future location of the official 'SIGforum Boonker'? Razz
Perfect get together place for a Sigforum end of world party!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
What is the deal with the pic of all the dirt spilling in through a door?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
No HOA, that’s a plus.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
What is the deal with the pic of all the dirt spilling in through a door?

I think I saw something on this property a few years ago. As part of one of the SALT treaties (or something similar) when the military moved out they filled it in. The guy trying to restore it basically had to dig his way in.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
The listing does not specify whether missiles are included.

Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The picture clearly shows the missile is included

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin

Scrolling down the listing, it says no electricity. How can it not have electricity?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
No HOA, that’s a plus.

And I imagine it has built in cooling from the subterranean setting!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
How can it not have electricity?

They would have originally had their own power plant.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How much to have it shipped to me?

Doesn't work that way, huh? Bummer

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'm sure we could put a group buy together.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thats actually not too far from my place - there were I think 11 missile silo installations within about 30 miles of Tucson

one is the Titan Missile Museum south of here

its a good tour but I'm not sure if I'd want to live in one - a weekend getaway is great

pretty sure the missile isn't included and the silo itself may or may not have been filled with concrete as part of the SALT agreements

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but it fails to tell you that you have to evict Goldfinger before you can take possession.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1952 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Since there's no pics of the silo, my guess is that they filled it with dirt and that's what you're seeing...

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Missile silos are cool, but AT&T communications bunkers are where it's at.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I'm sure we could put a group buy together.

Time share. VRBO.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post