SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Darwin award contenders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Darwin award contenders Login/Join 
posted
This is a previous video from the airport. Apparently today a 57 year old woman was killed by the blast. Cannot fix stupid.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
That's nothing special. My butt produces much the same thing.

It just amazes me how many people are stupid enough to just stand there while the plane spools up it's engines.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
At least it wasn't an F-35. I understand they can throw fire on startup!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
That's awesome.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I'm reminded of the little jape that the Army and RAF helicopter pilots used to pull down in the Falklands. They would fly slowly over a penguin colony at about 500', getting their attention, and then circle directly overhead.

The penguins, eyes fixed on following the aircraft, would fall over backwards in their thousands like a domino avalanche...

One day a visitor to the islands saw this happen, and made angry contact with the base commander, advising him that this practice was cruel and showed lack of respect for living creatures, apart from causing them physical injury from jet noise.

The base commander replied that the flying heights for the inter-island patrol were not governed by the local wildlife, but were a matter of military expediency, but that the complainer was welcome to try and get the penguins to wear hearing protection to minimise their alleged discomfort. About their natural curiosity, however, he could think of nothing to help out with that.

tac

PS, OP - https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1530052724

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Tac, I did not realize that this animal rights stuff was actually that old. Some of them must have emigrated to the US!

To the OP, amazing how poorly educated/informed humanity is these days.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Well, she wanted adventure and new experiences. She got to experience a head injury.

Stupid games, stupid prizes.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The base commander replied that the flying heights for the inter-island patrol were not governed by the local wildlife, but were a matter of military expediency, but that the complainer was welcome to try and get the penguins to wear hearing protection to minimise their alleged discomfort. About their natural curiosity, however, he could think of nothing to help out with that.

cool story bro. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While humping the SAC Ramp, I saw a KC135 blow over a box van. This was educational for me.
I learned:
Jet blast is dangerous.
Avoid jet blast.
If I was on the beach, I could have applied my knowledge.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Willful ignorance. Amazing that people exist who think this is fun and entertaining. Every time I think of jet blast, I have this video running in my head.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
It just amazes me how many people are stupid enough to just stand there while the plane spools up it's engines.

They aren't "just" standing there, they are doing it deliberately.

Not just ignorance, but willful stupidity.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Willful ignorance. Amazing that people exist who think this is fun and entertaining. Every time I think of jet blast, I have this video running in my head.
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XmQQeNTGMXA" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I understand this is just a demo but notice the truck is missing the engine and transmission. That lightened it up a few pounds.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanksoldier:
quote:

They aren't "just" standing there, they are doing it deliberately.

Not just ignorance, but willful stupidity.

In the one video it sounds like there is a warning siren going off. Sadly it only seems to attract more people.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would this airport not install some jet blast deflectors to redirect the jet engine exhaust in a more harmless direction?

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post