SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you get kicked out of a bar, don't come back with a rifle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you get kicked out of a bar, don't come back with a rifle Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...e-wielding-attacker/

"An Idaho man learned this week that starting a bar fight with a rifle doesn’t always work out, as reports Tom Holm in the Post-Register. Fifty-eight year old Martin Knowles had been kicked out of the Roadhouse Saloon in Idaho Falls, Idaho, for arguing with (and allegedly kicking…he says it was an accident) Trevor Bennion, a patron with a broken ankle.

Despite being admonished by the bartender never to return, Mr. Knowles did just that forty-five minutes later. This time, however, he was armed with an AM 15 rifle and a pistol. According to bar patron Michael Martinez, the tooled-up Knowles “flung the door open and jacked in a shell and started pointing this rifle at [Bennion’s] wife and then swung it at another” patron.

Despite being somewhat hobbled by his ankle injuries, however, Bennion demonstrated that winning a fight is more about mindset than tools. He grabbed the first thing that was handy — a beer mug, oddly enough — and threw it at Knowles. This was apparently enough to distract Knowles, and that was all that Bennion and a mess of other patrons at the Roadhouse needed. They rushed the armed man, disarming him, and generally opening up an old-fashioned can of Idaho butt-whipping, the results of which are seen in the photo above.

“He was distracted long enough that he didn’t get a round off, thank God,” Bennion said.

Knowles currently faces up to 15 years in prison due to charges of aggravated assault, as well as an enhancement charge for use of a deadly weapon in the commission of a felony.

Oh, and by the way, Knowles also faces charges for unlawful possession of a weapon by a convicted felon, due to a 2002 conviction for possession of a controlled substance, demonstrating once again how well gun control laws work to keep firearms out of the hands of violent felons.

The Post-Register reports that Mr. Bennion is feeling pretty blasé about the whole affair.

“Surprisingly, I really don’t feel anything,” he said. “I’m just glad no one was shot; I mean I’ve got a 3-year-old little girl and a wife and I’d hate to leave them and be shot over some drunk idiot.”

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
That AM 15 won't even fire unless it's after midnight.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
The picture of the dumbass at the TTAG link is precious. He has quite the collection of cuts and bruises donated to him by the bar patrons.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Liquid courage. The root cause of many an ER visit.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
The picture of the dumbass at the TTAG link is precious. He has quite the collection of cuts and bruises donated to him by the bar patrons.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but this one can be summarized by one word: OUCH!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
and generally opening up an old-fashioned can of Idaho butt-whipping

Yes indeed. Quite a load of whoop-ass used there! Hope that don't forget to restock...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
They rushed the armed man, disarming him, and generally opening up an old-fashioned can of Idaho butt-whipping

That is journalistic gold right there.

The AM 15, is that like the AP 15 recently used in Michigan?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
That is cartoonish and humorous.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope none of the bar patrons are prosecuted. I do like how they saved the taxpayers a few dollars with the initial punishment.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

The model of the gun is AM15. An AR made on an Anderson lower, if I recall correctly.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
and generally opening up an old-fashioned can of Idaho butt-whipping

Yes indeed. Quite a load of whoop-ass used there! Hope that don't forget to restock...

They'll likely need it as soon as the dumbass gets out of jail. He doesn't look like the type to just let it go.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was the pistol a Clock?

Posts: 203 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

If he'd been correctly served with PROPER whoop-ass, another photo would have shown his open hands with his ears in 'em.

One of the very first things I was taught in a REAL barroom brawl is to rip off an ear, maybe both. Makes the earless one a whole lot easier to identify afterwards, apart from the obvious attention-getting it causes.

Failing an ear, an ear-ring is good, bleeds like crazy, too. Nobody likes to see a lot of blood, especially if it's their own.

He got off lightly, IMO.

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

The model of the gun is AM15. An AR made on an Anderson lower, if I recall correctly.

Does that one fire shells?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tdp113530:
Was the pistol a Clock?

Since you use your fingers to manipulate it, it was digital and probably had night sights.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
As long as the Prog's are willing, I'll submit to a ban on those evil AM 15's provided we end all restrictions on the AR 15's.

Eye for an eye an all...

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys, Anderson Mfg marks their lowers "AM-15". It's not a typo or a stupid reporter. Let's move on from ragging on the model of rifle, please.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

If he'd been correctly served with PROPER whoop-ass, another photo would have shown his open hands with his ears in 'em.

One of the very first things I was taught in a REAL barroom brawl is to rip off an ear, maybe both. Makes the earless one a whole lot easier to identify afterwards, apart from the obvious attention-getting it causes.

Failing an ear, an ear-ring is good, bleeds like crazy, too. Nobody likes to see a lot of blood, especially if it's their own.

He got off lightly, IMO.

tac

IMO they should have kept working on him for a bit longer. Because any fool who brings a firearm back to a bar after being thrown out should be beaten until his own mother wouldn't recognize him and if it happens to be a fatal beating I would call it an obvious case of Self Defense.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
6 stiches and a broken nose.

Pistol was a .40 with a round in the chamber.

I'd like to know how a guy in a boot cast with a broken ankle rushed him.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post