SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Washing Machine Hoses w/ Elbows at Both Ends?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washing Machine Hoses w/ Elbows at Both Ends? Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
Title says it all. Does anyone make such a hose (preferably of the braided steel wrapped variety)? If not, why not? If so, where can I find them?

Thanks.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Here is an alternative if you can't find exactly what you're requesting.

Link to 90 degree connectors

I *think* regular washing machine hoses will connect to these and should connect to your wall valves.

Best wishes to you.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Back in the day when I was doing landscaping I was having trouble finding decent heavy-duty hoses, e.g. that could stand laying in the street and being run over all day long. I went to the fire house and asked them where they bought theirs. They directed me to a tiny shop that looked as if it had been in business for 100 years, staffed by a guy who looked to be the original owner who did nothing but make hoses to order from components. Never looked back. I still have at least one of those hoses in regular use, it has to be well over 40 years old.

Posts: 6455 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I was only able to find ones with 90 degree fittings on one end. If you want it on. Oth you might have to use the fitting posted above.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Yep. I can find the ones with elbows on one end no problem, and I thought about connectors, but that’s just an additional failure point to worry about. My supply lines are mounted on cinder block, so I have connections at 90 degrees perpendicular to the wall and, of course, straight out the back of the washer. Double elbows would be very convenient.

I exhausted google before I posted here. Even found a guy on Reddit asking the same question with the same suggestion (about using connectors).

I’m probably SOL.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I suspect the best answer is from architect. Locally, both Contactor’s Maintenance and Central Coast Bearing make hoses up. I suspect either could make what you want and I’ll bet there is at least one similar shop near where you are.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have gotten some special hoses made to order by a company called Pirtek.

The big door on our hangar is raised by a 1,500 psi hydraulic system. Pirtek fabricated replacement hoses for me when the original ones started to leak.

I see that you're in Maryland. Pirtek has locations in Capitol Heights and Rockville.

Check their website.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post