SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is LinkedIn.com worth the time...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is LinkedIn.com worth the time... Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I was a member for the first couple years of its existence... my personal network far outweighed any advantage it provided and I was fortunate to guesstimate its slide to the dark side of social networking, so I deleted my account. I'm a white collar executive and my success has zilch to do with that platform or any other social media network.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Nope

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I am a member, but only joined because my Best Friend asked me to. I've been totally retired now for 13 years and am not seeking a job. I get notifications that my record has been read and even a few references, but I ignore them.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It's worked for me. My current position was found for me by a recruiter. I've had other recruiters contact me, one set up a couple of interviews for one company but, fortunately, they turned me down. Wasn't going to work 55-60 hours a week.

Another recruiter contacted me a couple months ago for same role, same industry but different company. Interviewed with them a few times, was made an offer but turned it down.

New role will start next month, same role, same industry but smaller, privately owned company. This was done with in person networking.

I definitely think it's worth the time, you never know what opportunities may be out there.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post