SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Buying second hand speakers, what do I need to know?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying second hand speakers, what do I need to know? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Self explanatory.
Need a pair of main speakers and the budget couldn't get lower or the choice smaller but I want a set of mid size towers and found a pair of Pinnecles at a local second hand store.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
If you could listen to them, take the music you would normally listen to and give it a go.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Check the surrounds closely to make sure they are not cracking or just turning to dust. Then listen to them.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Study the cone and surround of the drivers, look closely at all screws on the cabinet for evidence that they may have been turned a lot, and listen to music that you know well.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
1. How do they sound?
2. Check the surrounds (can rot over time).

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Sound and familiar advise, thank you.

The visual inspection of screws had slipped my mind.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post