SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New proposed gun Bill for Oregon. Wow.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New proposed gun Bill for Oregon. Wow. Login/Join 
Picture of nojoy
posted
This may have already been discussed. Very Draconian if it passes:

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/l...ent/SB501/Introduced

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Can we just get the highlights please?

I have no desire to read through 11 pages of legalese.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I have no desire to read through 11 pages of legalese.

Just read this portion. Makes me queasy and I don't even live in Oregon.

Requires person to secure permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving firearm. Specifies
qualifications for permit and manner of applying for permit. Creates procedures for appealing denial
of permit. Punishes receipt of firearm without valid permit by maximum of 364 days’ imprisonment,
$6,250 fine, or both.
Requires person who owns or possesses firearm to secure firearm with trigger or cable lock or
in locked container. Punishes failure to secure firearm by maximum of 30 days’ imprisonment, $1,250
fine, or both.
Requires person who owns or possesses firearm to report to law enforcement agency loss or
theft of firearm within 24 hours. Punishes failure to report loss or theft by maximum of 30 days’
imprisonment, $1,250 fine, or both.
Prohibits possession of magazine with capacity to hold more than five rounds of ammunition.
Provides that person in possession of such magazine must sell or otherwise dispose of magazine
within 180 days of effective date of Act. Punishes unlawful possession of magazine capable of holding
more than five rounds by maximum of 364 days’ imprisonment, $6,250 fine, or both.
Requires criminal background check before transfer of ammunition. Restricts ammunition receipt to 20 rounds within 30-day period.
Prohibits transfer of firearm by gun dealer or private party until latter of 14 days or Department
of State Police has determined that recipient is qualified to receive firearm.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Holy Mother of God. These people are sick.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Wow, 20 rounds of ammo a month maximum and a background check to transfer ammo Eek

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:

I quickly scanned it. It's more of the same meaningless bullshit consolidated into a fabulous liberal wet dream. Any man who blah, blah, blah . . . spends a night in the box. This rhetoric is so predictable I can practically regurgitate it verbatim. Five round magazine limits and 20 rounds per month are simply new twists on an old theme. Nobody, including the authors of the bill, believe it can pass in its current form.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey Folks:

What is the surprise? It is ory-gone after all.

Remember, everything west of the mountains is over run with refuse err, refugees from kalifornistan.

Wonder what will happen to this crap when it hits SCOTUS. Given the "ninth" it will be upheld there and finally thrown out at SCOTUS assuming that entity hasn't been taken over by the commies as well.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I don't know the procedures in getting a law passed in OR, but Democrats control the state. They have the Governor, majority of the State House, 4 out of 5 U.S. House seats and both U.S. Senate seats.

And 5 round magazines basically makes most semi autos neutered. Worse than CA.

But CA will not sit still with this.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
The bill came from Students for Change, a group of Lake Oswego teens formed last year after the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. They lobbied lawmakers and Gov. Kate Brown last year and pledged to come back this year with a legislative proposal.

Rep. Andrea Salinas, D-Lake Oswego, and Sen. Rob Wagner, D- Tualatin, submitted Senate Bill 501 on their behalf.

Wagner said that it's "probably a long shot that something like this passes in whole cloth," but this is the bill the students wanted to put in front of the Legislature.

"What we told them is that this is your movement, and we want to support you as representatives," Wagner said.

https://www.statesmanjournal.c...munition/2527929002/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5 round magazines Roll Eyes As usual the commies keep lowering the bar.

Posts: 12576 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
A group of teens from Lake-O? Color me shocked.
I wonder if they borrowed mummy's X-5 to get the docs to the state capitol.

No way on gods green earth this wet dream will become law in Oregon.

We ain't San Fran yet.

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ah, so the dems are taking their cue from children, not just in spirit like they've always done, but now literally.

It's disgusting that any lawmaker would even have the gumption to introduce such a bill, a bill that automatically criminalizes hundreds of thousands of law abiding gun owners.

A bill written by freakin' children. Literally. Jesus. Roll Eyes

This is just like when Homer Simpson designed "The Homer." Same end result.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Speaking of hemp- it makes fantastic rope.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Speaking of hemp- it makes fantastic rope.

Hemp you say? Hemp?

Come on down!

https://www.wweek.com/news/201...ins-of-unwanted-bud/

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ah, so the dems are taking their cue from children, not just in spirit like they've always done, but now literally.

It's disgusting that any lawmaker would even have the gumption to introduce such a bill, a bill that automatically criminalizes hundreds of thousands of law abiding gun owners.

A bill written by freakin' children. Literally. Jesus. Roll Eyes

Very well said.
Exactly, this is some high school civics project taken too far because of some shithead lawmaker.

Lake Oswego. Don't even get me started. The wealthiest city in the state. All the kids are in a special category when it comes to snowflakes.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Give Gavin Newsom a chance. All the bills vetoed by Governor Moonbeam back again, and then a competition with OR and WA to see who can infringe the right to keep and bear arms in a more outrageous way.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Can we build the wall right up the coasts of CA, OR, and WA and wall off LA/SF/Portland/Seattle, leaving the rest of it to the United States?

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
When Trump builds the wall, it needs to turn north at the Arizona-California state line go all the way to Canada.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:

Hey Folks:

What is the surprise? It is ory-gone after all.

Remember, everything west of the mountains is over run with refuse err, refugees from kalifornistan.

Wonder what will happen to this crap when it hits SCOTUS. Given the "ninth" it will be upheld there and finally thrown out at SCOTUS assuming that entity hasn't been taken over by the commies as well.

yeah were all a bunch of Californian, liberal dope smokers who ask for all of this. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
A pendulum to some.......is a wrecking ball to others.............when this swings back at them it should be devastating.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post