SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I handed him back his bag of heroin with his change....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I handed him back his bag of heroin with his change.... Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted
Sunday night around 9:15, this guy I know to be a junkie comes into the store with his cell phone light on and wanders around looking confused for a while. He finally comes up to the register with some chocolate milk and a few other sweets. Total is $8 and some change. He slaps a ten on the counter and proceeds to start digging deep into his skinny jean pockets for change. Surprising everyone around, he suddenly yanks both balled fists out of each pocket and showers the counter with coins. I look down, and in the middle of the array of coins is a corner of a sandwich baggie with some black resin looking stuff about the size of a large marble. We all kind of freeze, and, not knowing what the heck else to do, I picked it up, gave it a brief look, and handed it back to the guy. He quickly took it and pocketed it, offering some guffaw about how they "just left the dispensary." I almost asked him when they started selling heroin, but I bit my tongue.

The second he was out the door, the guy behind him stepped forward and said "did I just see what I think I just saw?" All I could say was "you took the words right out of my mouth."

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I guess at some point you just no longer care what people think of you...

lucky there wasn't a cop hanging around.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
they "just left the dispensary."
They could have traded the methadone in the dispensary parking lot for a baggie of heroin and a shitload of changelot

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If he would have dug in his pockets and exposed a gun in holster on his belt, now, that would have caused a real uproar.
In most states, one is contraband and one is legit.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
I guess at some point you just no longer care what people think of you...

lucky there wasn't a cop hanging around.

You're talking about him and not me, right? Razz

I wanted to call the local guy's non-emergency line, but we're supposed to call managers before calling the police and I was by myself and steady busy for the next hour. Anyway, I took a log of the time he showed up and made a note of where he parked, so he's all over camera doing this. I'm looking for a new job anyway, but until I land something, I don't need a junkie who knows where I work hunting me for turning him in. I uh... kinda told him and his girlfriend to leave the premises last month. They were sitting on the curb smoking, panhandling, and going through the trash with about four other junkie friends who actually did leave the first time. This guy took offense and came into the store and followed me around telling me how he was going to get me fired for being rude to a paying customer. So he already doesn't like me, and everything that happened after that bag got handed back made him the nicest he's ever been to me.

I hate dealing with human racoons.

quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
they "just left the dispensary."
They could have traded the methadone in the dispensary parking lot for a baggie of heroin and a shitload of changelot

Hadn't considered that. I don't know whether we have methadone dispensaries out here or not. I know they want safe injection sites everywhere, so could be. I thought he was talking about a marijuana dispensary and trying to make me think it was black hash of some sort. But they don't dispense it in sandwich baggie corners.

quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
If he would have dug in his pockets and exposed a gun in holster on his belt, now, that would have caused a real uproar.
In most states, one is contraband and one is legit.

Actually, out here, it's not uncommon to see open carry. I've had a number of customers come in open carrying and I've even chatted up a few about what they're carrying. Nobody seems to notice or care. For reference, "out here" is a bit east of the 1-5 corridor between Seattle and Tacoma.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
"that's why they call it dope"

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Yes - was talking about the doper - not you.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post