SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    VirTra V-300 training simulator

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VirTra V-300 training simulator Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
Has anyone done training on a VirTra V-300? I was able to spend a couple of hours on one today. The high school scenario we did was intense. At the end, they let us do an Afghanistan scenario as well. That was eye-opening.

Link: http://www.virtra.com/v-300/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BB61,

Posts: 9321 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
I've used similar products over the years as I work in military training and simulation. I really want to get a scaled down version for my house.

Posts: 3377 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACTEG:
I've used similar products over the years as I work in military training and simulation. I really want to get a scaled down version for my house.

That would he nice especially if I could add in modules for sporting clays and IDPA.

Team Apathy
Picture of thumperfbc
posted Hide Post
I have a MILO single screen at work that I purchased last year. It's a portable unit that I take around to conduct training at our various facilities in the vein of "bringing the water to the horse". It's hard to get people to come to training but if I go to them while they are already at work we have a better participation rate. I actually ran some explorers through it tonight.

They are great for us because they can train in more than firearms. I can also set up every single less lethal weapon we have to interface with the system. Another big draw was the ability for us to film our own scenarios in the places we actually work.

They are pricey though.

We are likely buying a wrap around version for ornament installation at our Training Center.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that system is great, a local range has both the large single screen and that 300deg one. The 300deg one is probably over $200k. Excellent training tool though.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

The world's a dangerous place, we can help! http://portlandfirearmtraining.com/

Posts: 2348 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
We have one of those. The HS scenario is intense and I was lucky enough to make it through without getting zapped.

Posts: 9525 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
I have a MILO single screen at work that I purchased last year. It's a portable unit that I take around to conduct training at our various facilities in the vein of "bringing the water to the horse". It's hard to get people to come to training but if I go to them while they are already at work we have a better participation rate. I actually ran some explorers through it tonight.

They are great for us because they can train in more than firearms. I can also set up every single less lethal weapon we have to interface with the system. Another big draw was the ability for us to film our own scenarios in the places we actually work.

They are pricey though.

We are likely buying a wrap around version for ornament installation at our Training Center.

What is also impressive is the sound system under the floor and around and on top of the stage. They showed off a jet and a helicopter gunship flying over. Wow! That part of the system had to cost a significant amount of change.

That's unfortunate you have a hard time getting people to use your system. I was told the system we trainied on tonight is booked solid year round by all the local agencies.

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:

They are pricey though.

What is also impressive is the sound system under the floor and around and on top of the stage. They showed off a jet and a helicopter gunship flying over. Wow! That part of the system had to cost a significant amount of change.

That's unfortunate you have a hard time getting people to use your system. I was told the system we trained on tonight is booked solid year round by all the local agencies.