SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hotel to stay at while visiting Washington DC?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hotel to stay at while visiting Washington DC? Login/Join 
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
The Mandarin Oriental is excellent. We stayed there when we visited DC for a long weekend. It's walking distance to everything you want to see.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second the recommendation for looking into staying in Crystal City.

Posts: 542 | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Hard Times Cafe in Alexandria has the best restaurant-made Terlingua Red chili I've had.

http://www.hardtimes.com

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Hard Times Cafe in Alexandria has the best restaurant-made Terlingua Red chili I've had.

http://www.hardtimes.com

One of my favorite bars, sadly the one a few minutes away closed. Love their chili and their happy hour specials, but not going to drive that far to get it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Cool.. I haven't been in a couple or so years, but I've eaten there and had a drink maybe ten times over the years while in VA/DC for work visits.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Went to Mount Vernon yesterday.

Today was Arlington. Stayed for the changing of the guard.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arlington is my favorite spot to visit when I go to DC. Such a humbling place. I think I am going to go down this year for the Wreaths across America event. I used to do it every year when I worked outside DC but haven't done it in a few years.

As for hotels, anything in Old Town would be preferable. I love that spot, great bars/restaurants!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post