SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazing 22oz Chuck-Eye Steak Last Night
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazing 22oz Chuck-Eye Steak Last Night Login/Join 
posted
I love a good steak. I can nail a steak with the best of 'em. But once in awhile, the stars align and I surprise even myself. This was easily one of my best 3 steaks. Ever. I won't bore you with silly side dishes, or even the killer craft sour that washed this down. Last night, it was all about the steak.....

Rubbed down with Oakridge Carne Crosta and my spicy version of Salt Lick dry rub. Let that soak in for about an hour, then reverse-seared on the Weber WGA with cherry splits and Weber briqs. Mmmmm.....

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Looks delicious!!!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Mmmmmmmm does that look tasty! Smile

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Send me the left overs.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Looks so good that you'd lick the plate afterwards.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I wish people hadn't found out about Chuck-eye steaks. Used to be super cheap steaks and yummy. No they go for $9 a pound. I am not going to pay that.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I wish people hadn't found out about Chuck-eye steaks. Used to be super cheap steaks and yummy. No they go for $9 a pound. I am not going to pay that.

Still $4.99/# at the local butcher here, locally raised on small family farms! We have 500# +/- of beef in the freezers (FIL is a beef farmer), but I saw this beauty at the butcher yesterday, and couldn't resist!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post