SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma - Set of Investment Guide Books
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma - Set of Investment Guide Books Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted
As I transition into retirement, I'm ridding myself of "stuff." I am hoping this set of books will be of value to someone.

Open to any member. I'll use the karmanator to determine the winner. I'll close at the appropriate time.

The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need by Andrew Tobias.
Granted this one covers the 1986 Tax Revision but I'm including it for sentimental reasons and to promote it. There's an updated version avialable online. What I like about it is that it walks through the basics like "a penny saved is a penny earned" all the way to investing in the stock market and what to do with a million dollars.

A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton G. Milkiel
A more in-depth treatise on investing with time-tested principles.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds by Charles Mackay.
This book as been often mentioned in various threads here talking about the bubbles that have occurred throughout history, different bubbles but similar patterns to help you identify the next bubble. This book is worth the whole karma by itself.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
I would enjoy reading those, please include me.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
All of these are on my shelf so don't add me but I wanted to say that this is a terrific collection for any one serious about
investing. These are the books the pros have read. What a great karma.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I'd like a chance, thank you.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Please include me in this karma.

Thank you!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Please include me

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I'd like in please

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
please include me

Thanks

Posts: 832 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Put my name in.
Thx

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Last call before I pull the name.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I'm in please and thank you.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Took me three times to pick a winner. First it picked wishfull thinker who wasn't in for the karma. Then it picked me.

Third round karmanator choice is OKC Gene. Please respond to my email. Thanks all.

And I found a fourth favorite to throw in: "The Only Other Investment Guide You'll Ever Need" also by Andrew Tobias.

Thank you all for participating. Look for another karma soon.