SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Questions for our boaters. How much fiberglass damage is too much?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions for our boaters. How much fiberglass damage is too much? Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
PASig, nah I’m not going to make an offer on that Regal.

I’m going to wait until I can find a clean 20-21ft bowrider. Seasons almost done anyway, no reason to rush. I should be able to find a solid early 2000’s boat for around $10k or less if I look long enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Half the people saying Run are the same sort who don't have a swimming pool because they've heard its a pain to maintain or expensive, or they're the sorts who only have the kinds of Boats, Bikes, Pools, etc that other people maintain or that have a full warranty.

Pools are a huge expense. $300 a month between chemicals, electric, added water. etc. Figure another $200 a month to account for long term repairs (pumps, remarcite, etc).

Right now a house I manage (waterfront) has a pool that developed 6' long cracks in 4 different areas of the pool in a 2 month time span. Now the pool is leaking 1" of water a day. I've had 4 pool builders come out, pool is original to the house and needs to be ripped out, pilings put in and a new 15x35' pool put in. Cheapest quote was $78,000. Most expensive $86,000.

Boats are no different, and a neglected one with structural issues on top of it, take an incredible amount of money to bring back because every project you get into opens a can of worms. The parts and pieces are very expensive now compared to just 5-10 years ago.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post