SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone use the Weathertech Cup Phone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use the Weathertech Cup Phone? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Wife wants one for her Grand Cherokee. Anyone have any experience?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I urge you to reconsider any phone holder that holds the phone outside of the drivers line of sight.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will Karma mine to her. It won't work with my phone while in it's Otter case. My email is in my Profile.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Yep, I use it for charging while in the auto. I am not on the phone while in the car, so calling is not a big deal.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one I Phone with Otter box barely fits .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Works for me. The primary car I bought it for hides the cup holders behind a chrome strip on the dash.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thirty five bucks?!?! Damn thing should come with a happy ending for that kind of money for a freaking phone holder.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post

Cup phone, shoe phone,...

Posts: 1472 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got one for my wife's Grand Cherokee and she loves it. The case on her iPhone is thin.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
I urge you to reconsider any phone holder that holds the phone outside of the drivers line of sight.
Not really that big a deal if the phone is paired or plugged into the radio. Now my old Ford truck would be a totally different situation.

As to the topic of the Op, I've not heard many good reviews of the Weathertech cup phone holder thingy.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I bought a generic one on Amazon. There are quite a few listed there. Most of my driving these days is around town so my phone just sits on the seat because it's kind of a PITA to load up the phone. If I do have occasion to make a longer trip I might use it, but I really don't look at my phone much while driving as navigation is on the built in display and the phone connects via BT so I rarely interact with the phone directly.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one from them that I saw looked like a terrible design as it renders the cup holder useless for actually holding a cup. It would have been easy to design one that made it so the cup holder could still be actually used for its original purpose.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one and it works great. I can set my iPhone so that when I glance at it the facial rec works.

Illinois passed law that you cannot have phone in hand.

The build quality is good and yes not as cheap as the amazon ones. I was able to stop by the factory store and try it before buying. To me was worth the price.

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post