SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For those who have never seen one- an L.A. birthday party for a 1 year old
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those who have never seen one- an L.A. birthday party for a 1 year old Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I think there is plenty of support in the cases to allow the government to restrict the right to assemble under these circumstances. None of the fundamental rights are completely unfettered.

I suggest that those who think there is no authority for such regulation do a little research into the conditions under which the government can use its power to protect health and welfare.

I am more a libertarian than most, but there is authority for these restrictions.

Could you show me where, or at least point me in the direction? I've looked, and can't find much.

I'm on the front lines of this shit. My personal feelings, and my feelings about my department, some of its leadership and leadership of my local government and giving this order AND EXPECTING US TO ENFORCE IT- they can fuck right off twice with a rusty pipe.

These very same people are the "SJW" types who promised "police reform", because the big bad police were "violating people's rights" when hundreds were getting shot and killed. Now, they think it's ok for us to violate people's rights when hundreds are going to get sick and possibly die... Again- they can fuck right off twice with a rusty pipe.

Take a look at where the local government first gave the orders- San Fran, Chicago, New York, New Jersey.... The same places where the local government vilified the police...

I'll go one further- when this shit is all over, those same local governments will spout that "the inner city has been hit hardest by this pandemic, they need more support (aka $)!" Yet NOT point out that they were stupid enough to congregate in large numbers throughout the "stay at home" request.

These people don't even respect themselves, more or less any "authority" unless it's giving them free shit. It's rather obvious in the way they act. Now everyone thinks they should respect a "stay at home" request?

People need to take a look at this part of society, especially now, and figure out how it's going to affect them in the future.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Our granddaughter turned 1 on March 21st. There was a big party planned with people traveling from out of state. We had to see her by iPhone video.

Same for us with our 3 year old grandson. And it was a chance to see the newish baby granddaughter, who we have only seen once.

But party cancelled, and it is Facetime for us.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post