SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For those who have never seen one- an L.A. birthday party for a 1 year old
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those who have never seen one- an L.A. birthday party for a 1 year old Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Freedom ends where other peoples' rights begin.

Thanks I was looking but couldn't remember:

quote:
The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins.

The first recorded version was written by Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. in the mid 19th century. ((August 29, 1809 - October 7, 1894)

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even Darwin would be stunned by this.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
A real 1 yo birthday party would have some twerking going on....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Easy solution: pull the cops out, barricade the place and let the animals kill each other. Natural selections at its finest. Why are they wasting tax payer money on a group of people who don’t even want to help themselves?

Yet somehow whitey is going to get blamed for this.

Talk that shit, how about you talk when there aren’t cameras around?

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been at least a year since I've fantasized about seeing a MICLIC fired down a street...

The fantasy has returned.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Darwin is calling them. Too bad we can't let them answer the call.

They'll show the police by getting Covid-19 and dying!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I can’t put into words how sorry I feel for those officers....that they can’t open a can of whup ass with those nightsticks.

How long are we required to stay away from people before it’s not okay for cops to forcefully remove our freedom?

Freedom ends where other peoples' rights begin. When there is a potentially deadly disease out there, being spread by asymptomatic people, it is entirely reasonable to restrict gatherings. Anyone, seemingly healthy, could be a Typhoid Mary with this stuff. So, yeah, purposeless gatherings are a legitimate concern.

However, when tests are prevalent, treatments are proven, hospitals are empty and medical care providers are bored, the crisis will eventually be over and what would be entirely reasonable during the medical crisis would then become oppressively unConstitutional.

So, to answer your question of how long this will remain reasonable, it's a medical question, not a legal one, IMO.

I think there is plenty of support in the cases to allow the government to restrict the right to assemble under these circumstances. None of the fundamental rights are completely unfettered.

I suggest that those who think there is no authority for such regulation do a little research into the conditions under which the government can use its power to protect health and welfare.

I am more a libertarian than most, but there is authority for these restrictions.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
This 'crisis' has been very illuminating.

Posts: 1968 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
did everyone bring a present?

All this for a 1 yr old. WOW

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Our granddaughter turned 1 on March 21st. There was a big party planned with people traveling from out of state. We had to see her by iPhone video.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the "crisis" we're trying to prevent:

quote:
COVID-19 infiltrated Mt. Vernon choir, killing 2 members and infecting others

"About 20 days after a March 10 choir rehearsal, two of the singers have died from the virus and 45 of the remaining 60 in attendance have shown signs of COVID-19."
https://komonews.com/news/coro...and-infecting-others

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Anyone here actually remember their 1st birthday? No? Razz

I've had several friends throw these, asked them the same question...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Tell them to pull their fucking pants up and get they asses home!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Our granddaughter turned 1 on March 21st. There was a big party planned with people traveling from out of state. We had to see her by iPhone video.

Must have been weird to call the cops pigs on Skype or Facetime, but in these trying times we need to make sure when calling the po-po pigs that we do it with safe social distancing.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
These idiots will be the first ones screaming and crying if there are no ventilators or hospital beds for them to receive treatment for their COVID 19.

It is even worse that they have now put the police officers at risk. And the blatant disrespect, cursing, name calling and in some cases attempting to force a physical confrontation is unforgivable. Put them on a raft with provisions and tow them out to sea.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Here's the "crisis" we're trying to prevent:

quote:
COVID-19 infiltrated Mt. Vernon choir, killing 2 members and infecting others

"About 20 days after a March 10 choir rehearsal, two of the singers have died from the virus and 45 of the remaining 60 in attendance have shown signs of COVID-19."
https://komonews.com/news/coro...and-infecting-others

Because it would be a terrible, insurmountable tragedy if there were fewer humans on our overpopulated rock?

Posts: 1968 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Maybe I’ve watched too many conspiracy documentaries. But in Massachusetts they have just shut down all gun stores. They also banned gun stores from applying for emergency loans. They have also just told nra trainers that they may not conduct training in person nor virtually. So no new license applicants because they can’t take the required course.

So maybe this birthday party is just a bunch of idiots spreading disease. But seems to me this virus is being used for other means. One local hospital (a small one) has provided updates with growing concern over lack of supplies. However yesterday they let slip that they only had one patient with this virus. I’ve also noticed that all deaths of Covid 19 positive patients are called corona virus deaths even if the cause of death is unrelated. I’m not claiming this is a hoax. But definitely ulterior motives behind some of the panic.

I think we will only see more of these scenes as people get antsy being stuck home. Someone posted earlier about riots. I don’t doubt it.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12429 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What in the world are you talking about?

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably spent their welfare checks on this shindig.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What in the world are you talking about?

I guess I just think scenes like this will become more common as people get sick of being forced to stay home. I'm seeing a lot of anger at the rules being put in place here in Massachusetts. I realize comparing this birthday story to what I'm thinking may be a stretch. I'm just seeing rules being put in place in Massachusetts that clearly don't have anything to do with containing the virus (no online gun safety classes, for example).

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12429 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post