SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    seeking recommendations for snow chains for tires
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

seeking recommendations for snow chains for tires Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
You farmers out there,

My Kubota M5700 (4x4) has Agra deep lug tires on it. I need to plow a long driveway with it.
I have a rear attachment blade for this purpose.
I tried it once this year and in only a few inches of snow I was slipping.
The driveway is asphalt.
I have been looking at chains but can't find something that is recommended for deep lug tires AND asphalt both.
This is my first winter with the tractor.
What would you recommend for this?

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
You could fill your rears with fluid to give you extra weight. I don't run chains on my tractor in the snow but I have R4 tires. Sometimes I'll fill the loader bucket with snow to give me even more weight over the front axle for traction. I don't think any chain is going to be overly friendly on asphalt.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I think your enthusiasm for the idea of using chains will be tempered a good deal by actually using them once or twice.

This.....chains are for situations where you must drive in weather that any prudent person would stay home. Used them in the Army often and as a tech in CNY.....never fun

Salt.your driveway

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post