SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kubota GR2120 Advice Needed / Owners Step Inside
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kubota GR2120 Advice Needed / Owners Step Inside Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

You cannot go wrong with a Kubota. I have a 3cyl Kubota diesel tractor, and love the hydrostatic transmission. The best advice, and you will find this on the better compact tractor forums, is to put the dealer at the top of the list for your choices, over price and proximity. A good dealer is worth it weight in gold.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The kubota 3 cylinder diesel is an excellent motor and is/has been used in tons of marine diesel generators where it runs 1800 rpms for days at a time......I haven't seen any inherent issues with them, keep clean fuel filters in them and they just run......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
3 years ago, I was looking for a garden tractor. I found that you will have a hard time finding anything bad about Kubota tractors, no matter what size. You will also have a hard time finding anything bad about the little 3 cylinder diesels.

But at the time I was looking, there seemed to be a lot of people that were having problems with the garden tractor transaxles. Especially if they had yards with slopes.

That was 3 years ago, and things could be different now.

Posts: 3235 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I have a 3 cylinder Kubota tractor and a 22 HP gas zero turn. Both are about 10 years old and are like new. Absolute BEASTS.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Maybe you want to look at the B series tractors.
That is the smallest Kabota size tractor you can buy with category one PTO hook ups.
I have the B 2920 series the largest of the series.
I’ve owned it 10 years now after purchasing it new and now have over 700 hours on the tractor with no problems.

It is amazing how much work you can do with this size tractor which is fairly small in size then you can add a bucket to it a tiller on the back brush hogs all kinds of attachments.

https://www.kubotausa.com/docs...df?sfvrsn=f5b6f3a0_2

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe you want to look at the B series tractors.
That is the smallest Kabota size tractor you can buy with category one PTO hook ups.

I looked at them HARD. I would love one, but the hard truth I had to face is that the grass section of the yard just wouldn't be serviced well by a machine that big. I could use it 1000 times over in the other parts of the property tho. I'm on the hunt for a used loader/excavator about the size of a BX now.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post