SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Remember These?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember These? Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
This morning I tried cinnamon flavored toothpaste and immediately flashed back to my youth. Anyone else remember cinnamon toothpicks? You had a slim little vial, about half the diameter of a lipstick tube with a cinnamon liquid in it. Flat toothpicks soaked in the vial. I recall they kinda burned your lips when you put one in your mouth. Funny how an odor or a taste can transport you back in time.

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah I remember those when I was a kid that was what I always wanted when we went to the store (which wasn't very often).

I would save that vile and reuse it as often as I could to try and make more of them.

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I remember those. I didn't care for them because they would burn your lips and tongue. You could get them in peppermint as well for awhile and those I liked.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I remember them too, and I liked them. I remember the 7-11 down the street carrying those. They were on the front counter next to the Mexican Jumping Beans.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Remember them well
cinnamon toothpics

and more old candy here

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I used to make those as a teen. Used to chew those toothpicks into splinters, too.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
The kids used to make their own and wrap them in tin foil and sell them at school. I was in Jr High then, it was like crack Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I don't remember those but I do remember candy cigarettes.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I was in elementary school when everyone would always buy those cinnamon toothpicks. We would always chew on them until they lost flavor or until they were a splintered mess, and spit them out on the school yard.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Never heard of them. What time period were these popular?

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember them, but they were usually too hot for my taste.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Close Up???

Close Up is my favorite toothpaste but can’t use it as I need sensitive toothpaste or cold drink put me on lockdown.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Heck yeah. 25 cents a piece from the toothpick pusher. Tried to elbow my way into that business, but my cinnamon wasn't spicy enough.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Ha! I remember Close Up, the toothpaste for people that kiss a lot. And the cinnamon toothpick challenge. How many could stick in your mouth for five minutes.

Who remembers toothpowder?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

It was early to mid sixties if I remember correctly, I was in 7th or 8th grade.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
And in the early 70's when I used to chew them up.

4th grade in "76" I remember it and eating them well Smile

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The toothpaste is Crest. It’s one of the ones that comes in a plastic flask-shaped bottle, rather than a tube.

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Yes I remember them well, but we used round toothpicks. Sure do miss them. Makes you want to order cinnamon oil from a health store and start the fad all over again.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:

They hit my grade school in SW Idaho 1956.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
I remember them well. Still order them on occasion when I get something from Amazon. Remember rock candy too. Used to be a drug store across the street from our grade school and we would go over there and spend our lunch money on candy.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post