SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man lists gender as female to get cheaper car insurance
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man lists gender as female to get cheaper car insurance Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

So we shouldn’t complain when their rates are lower but should when they aren’t charged more?

FWIW I’m not complaining about anything. Just making an observation. I think insurance companies should be able to charge what they want.

I agree. This should not be regulated. Let the market work. If women are cheaper to insure in cars, charge them less. If they are more expensive to insure for medical costs, charge them more.

But what happens when someone "feels" like a woman? That's the entire point and you aren't seeing it. With all of the horseshit about people being who they are regardless of what they were born with, and you being a proponent of such nonsense, I say more power to him....er....her. Throw the stupid back at them!

Talking about whether women or men possess greater financial risk is asinine in today's society since the Kumbaya crowd assert that everyone is equal. If that were true then everyone's insurance rates would reflect that. Do they? Hell no. Being a lawyer, I am sure you can figure out why, but if not, let me know, I'll help you out Wink

Que the next story about a man becoming a woman to get a lower life insurance premium. If you think the difference is big in car insurance, wait until you see those numbers Eek

You don't price insurance based on how someone feels.

If you want to dress up as a woman and use "ze" has a pronoun, I don't care. I'll call you Helen if that makes you happy.

But if you want me to price insurance for you, I am going by your birth gender.

It isn't that complicated - don't make it more complicated than it is. And we shouldn't let the government regulate the sense out of us.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Dude is playing by "their" rules. "They" don't like it? They need to change the rules. You can't want something one way when it suits you, and then cry foul when the same standards are held to something you don't like.

"They" got beat at their own game, and it pisses them off and illustrates how silly this whole argument is. Without those who have thought it to be silly from the beginning having to lift a finger.

I say bravo and well played.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
When he crashes and they run a DNA test on some of the hamburger, the result will be "male."

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry jhe, you can’t pick and choose like a buffet. If he wants to be called Helen, and he wants to use the women’s restroom, and he wants to play on the women’s team, then the simplistic birth gender argument rings hollow.

I agree with the premise. Male or female. But you can’t say birth gender for car insurance but feelings for Title IX implications. Come on, you know it’s an either or.

As for the insurance thing. It’s bullshit. They say the actuaries have figured it out but the reality is that the information in question is completely proprietary. You have never seen the real numbers and you never will. As a lawyer name anything else that is applied equally where you can charge a different price because of gender. We will wait.

You can’t force two women owning a house more because you know statistically they won’t do the necessary preventive maintenance on a house thereby costing more in the long run to the insurance company.

It is an ancient mindset that will go away in time. If applied “fairly”.

Posts: 7469 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Sounds like insurance Fraud to me.

Not if Canadian law allowed him to change his gender, and forces everyone to repect that decision. This is one of the cans-o-worms Canda opened with this stupid and short-sided liberalism. He's playing by their rules and now they don't like it.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Anytime I'm on the USF campus I feel like a female athlete and have a STRONG desire to go shower for some reason. However, I've considered this long and hard and decided that it is not a good idea. Those women are young (and beautiful) ATHLETES. I'm 53 and NOT an athlete. They would kick my ass and TSM11 would finish the job.Big Grin

If my Canuck friend has found a loophole that saves him money, more power to him.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
...I've considered this long and hard

Phrasing!!!!

Eek Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post