SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man lists gender as female to get cheaper car insurance
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man lists gender as female to get cheaper car insurance Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Sounds like insurance Fraud to me.

Sounds like someone just found a real nice loophole to me.

Remember, it's 2018. There's some crazy shit goin on out there. And if this guy used their rules against them, even if it was to save money on his car insurance, then good for him!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8333 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Notice how none off the women are complaining about the fact that they get cheaper insurance.

And we shouldn't complain. Women are better risks. Their insurance ought to be cheaper.

It is the insurers' bread and butter to know such things.

They are more expensive to insure for health insurance, yet it's illegal to underwrite for this known higher cost.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
A Canadian man legally changed his gender to female so he could take advantage of better car insurance rates offered to women

Why "legally" change anything?
I thought you were supposed to be whoever or whatever you "feel" like?

Gender Fluid I believe is what it is called. Gob Bless Smile

When it is time to save money at restaurant where kids eat for free, one may feel like being a 7 year old girl. Pretty soon people caught with underage girls will claim that the underage girl told them at the time she FELT and Identified herself as a 21 year old woman.

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stephanie McLean, a Member of Legislative Assembly for Calgary-Varsity, said in a tweet that the man committed perjury and that he should face time in prison.

Don't hate the player Steph, hate the game.
quote:
Bama: This is a good first step. If we are going to allow people to claim whatever gender they want, then abolish all gender based things that benefit females. No more small business loans, contract preferences, rate reductions, Title IX - all of it needs to go.

This.
If gender, race, sexual prefs and all the other "special" categories aren't supposed to matter then eliminate all the programs that give them special significance. Equality is a good thing...and I don't want some animals to be more equal than others.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
'Gender Fluid' sounds nasty. Eek

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Notice how none off the women are complaining about the fact that they get cheaper insurance.

And we shouldn't complain. Women are better risks. Their insurance ought to be cheaper.

Meh, sounds like discrimination to me. If it was the other way around I wonder if they’d be as quiet.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
The real crime here is CAD$4500 (almost US$3500) per year to insure a Chevy Cruze!!!

Everything in Canada costs a lot more, eh?

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
The real crime here is CAD$4500 (almost US$3500) per year to insure a Chevy Cruze!!!

Everything in Canada costs a lot more, eh?

That's 4.4 times what I pay for a comparable car (Ford Fusion). Holy balls Batman!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

They are more expensive to insure for health insurance, yet it's illegal to underwrite for this known higher cost.

Complain to your legislators. The insurers would charge more if they were allowed. Goddamn interference with the market.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Complain to your legislators. The insurers would charge more if they were allowed. Goddamn interference with the market.

I have. One of my senators is Tim Kaine. I was not happy with any of his responses.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So we shouldn’t complain when their rates are lower but should when they aren’t charged more?

FWIW I’m not complaining about anything. Just making an observation. I think insurance companies should be able to charge what they want.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

So we shouldn’t complain when their rates are lower but should when they aren’t charged more?

FWIW I’m not complaining about anything. Just making an observation. I think insurance companies should be able to charge what they want.

I agree. This should not be regulated. Let the market work. If women are cheaper to insure in cars, charge them less. If they are more expensive to insure for medical costs, charge them more.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
'Gender Fluid' sounds nasty. Eek

Only to you, Jim. I kind of like the flow.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The real question is: Does he get in free on Ladies Night?

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
thats funny. Uni-sex ratings here we come. It will all be equalized to adjust for the risk, I dont see life or health changing as I have asked before but its coming. I hope they push this soon, I'd like the life ins. costs to go down for men.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I agree. This should not be regulated. Let the market work. If women are cheaper to insure in cars, charge them less. If they are more expensive to insure for medical costs, charge them more.

But what happens when someone "feels" like a woman? That's the entire point and you aren't seeing it. With all of the horseshit about people being who they are regardless of what they were born with, and you being a proponent of such nonsense, I say more power to him....er....her. Throw the stupid back at them!

Talking about whether women or men possess greater financial risk is asinine in today's society since the Kumbaya crowd assert that everyone is equal. If that were true then everyone's insurance rates would reflect that. Do they? Hell no. Being a lawyer, I am sure you can figure out why, but if not, let me know, I'll help you out Wink

Que the next story about a man becoming a woman to get a lower life insurance premium. If you think the difference is big in car insurance, wait until you see those numbers Eek

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"it downgrades the whole process of changing ones gender."

That was never possible.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They can’t have it both ways. If you question this guys motive you get to question everyone’s motive. I know it’s Canada but here the ADA would prevent that. Even his “admission” could be put down to a joke. Certainly not exactly a Perry Mason moment.

If you change your gender because you are too slow to win men’s state title but you are a kick ass women’s team member so be it.

Let the fucking dumbass games begin!

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
The guy should get punished for being a moron and going to the press with his story - what prompted him to do this? And then to say he did it only for cheaper insurance, and does not identify as a woman? Idiot. Swing and a miss

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
List your gender as female here and get help and deals outta this world !

I think its karma for all the laws aimed at defeating white males .....

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post