SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man lists gender as female to get cheaper car insurance
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man lists gender as female to get cheaper car insurance Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
Hmmm...now I'm thinking about all the money I could save by going to the range on Ladies Night Big Grin

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...nsurance-report.html
quote:
A Canadian man legally changed his gender to female so he could take advantage of better car insurance rates offered to women and save up nearly $1,100 Canadian Dollars, a report said.

A man, identified only as “David” who lives in Alberta, told CBC News that he was given a quote of $4,500 Canadian Dollars for the insurance of a Chevrolet Cruze he wanted to buy. The insurers told him his yearly bill would be around $1,100 less if he was a woman.

Men normally pay higher rates as the insurers deem male drivers under age of 25 having a higher risk of getting into traffic accidents than compared to women of the same age.

“I was pretty angry about that and I didn’t feel like getting screwed over any more,” the man said, adding that he asked the insurers to change his gender on the insurances police, a request they refused.

To take advantage of the lower rates and “beat the system”, David had to legally change his gender on a birth certificate. To do so, he had to acquire a note from the doctor acknowledging his identification as a woman before he could proceed with the change.

“It was pretty simple,” David told the outlet about the process of legally changing his gender. “I just basically asked for it and told them that I identify as a woman, or I’d like to identify as a woman, and he wrote me the letter I wanted.”

After submitting all the documentation, just weeks later, David was legally a female and was subjected to lower premium rates for the insurance. “I was quite shocked, but I was also relieved,” he said. “I felt like I beat the system. I felt like I won.”

“I'm a man, 100 percent. Legally, I'm a woman,” he said, noting that he will be saving around $91 Canadian Dollars per month. “I did it for cheaper car insurance.”

But the man’s trick didn’t earn him universal praise and even drew criticism from some elected lawmakers. Stephanie McLean, a Member of Legislative Assembly for Calgary-Varsity, said in a tweet that the man committed perjury and that he should face time in prison.

"Alberta man admits to Perjury – ‘changes gender on government IDs for cheaper car insurance.’ He thinks he’s so clever. Perjury is an offence liable to imprisonment of up to fourteen years. IT’S NOT A LOOPHOLE IT’S A CRIME!” she tweeted.

Alberta man admits to Perjury - “changes gender on government IDs for cheaper car insurance.” He thinks he’s so clever. Perjury is an offence liable to imprisonment of up to fourteen years. IT’S NOT A LOOPHOLE IT’S A CRIME! #ableghttps://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/change-gender-identification-insurance-alberta-1.4754416 …

The transgender community also criticized David for his stunt, saying it downgrades the whole process of changing ones gender.

“I think it cheapens the whole process. It sort of casts doubt on everybody else's motives for making those changes," Marie Little, a former chair of the Trans Alliance Society, told CBC News. “I think it gives ammunition to people who want to take rights away from trans people.”

But David acknowledged to CBC News that some people may need to change their gender on their birth certificates and insisted that he didn’t intend to make fun of the transgender community.

“I didn't do it to point out how easy it is to change genders,” he said. “I didn't do it to criticize or ridicule transgender or LGBT rights.”

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Notice how none off the women are complaining about the fact that they get cheaper insurance.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Good, show the dipshits they reap what they sow with gender fluid bullshit.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
That walks the fine line between gaming the system and outright fraud. Might be over the line, actually.

I wonder what the actuarial data is on actual (vs. fraudulently claimed, as in the OP) transgendered folks' driving safety?

Reason is, I wonder whether, in the current zeitgeist, whether an insurance company could raise rates on them if they turned out to be worse risks.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Canadian man legally changed his gender to female so he could take advantage of better car insurance rates offered to women

Why "legally" change anything?
I thought you were supposed to be whoever or whatever you "feel" like?

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I have thought of changing my gender to female because insurance companies say females live longer. Smile
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
This is a good first step. If we are going to allow people to claim whatever gender they want, then abolish all gender based things that benefit females. No more small business loans, contract preferences, rate reductions, Title IX - all of it needs to go. If they want to be 'equal' that means taking the good with the bad. Adjust rates for everyone to a middle ground.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I do not understand why there is such a difference in insurance rates.

I see females well represented in the population of aggressive dumb-shit drivers, as well as those who are busy finger-fucking their cell phones while driving.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I've just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gyno!

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ ^ Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
And so it begins...

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:

But the man’s trick didn’t earn him universal praise and even drew criticism from some elected lawmakers. Stephanie McLean, a Member of Legislative Assembly for Calgary-Varsity, said in a tweet that the man committed perjury and that he should face time in prison.

"Alberta man admits to Perjury – ‘changes gender on government IDs for cheaper car insurance.’ He thinks he’s so clever. Perjury is an offence liable to imprisonment of up to fourteen years. IT’S NOT A LOOPHOLE IT’S A CRIME!” she tweeted.

So, someone who championed a legal way of changing one's gender officially is upset that someone else took advantage of it for their own purposes/reasons? How exactly would that be illegal if it's legal???

Quite the little paradox there right Stephanie?

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:

“I think it cheapens the whole process..."

Yep. Wasn't that the point? Wink

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
How much could I save if my mamaw says I have high cheekbones?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Why is it ok for insurance companies to charge men higher rates for car insurance, but somehow uncool if they were to charge women more for health insurance? Aren’t women a higher risk pool when it comes to health services?

The Red Pill!!

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Hmm, if we all do this will they stop trying to get rid of us because we're all femmes?

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
The real crime here is CAD$4500 (almost US$3500) per year to insure a Chevy Cruze!!!

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Why is it ok for insurance companies to charge men higher rates for car insurance, but somehow uncool if they were to charge women more for health insurance? Aren’t women a higher risk pool when it comes to health services?

The Red Pill!!

This. If risk classes exist for life and auto insurance, then why is it wrong to underwrite health insurance? If there are any feminists with moral, they should be petitioning for equal pay on auto and life insurance.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like insurance Fraud to me.

Yeah, if you ask me, of the younger people today, the girls are more aggressive drivers, not to mention more distracted.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Notice how none off the women are complaining about the fact that they get cheaper insurance.

And we shouldn't complain. Women are better risks. Their insurance ought to be cheaper.

It is the insurers' bread and butter to know such things.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post