SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Message from Springfield Armory
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Message from Springfield Armory Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I think there's a big difference between SA and, say, Smith & Wesson, in that the M&P handguns are among the best striker-fired pistols out there. I bought my first a few weeks ago, and it's just as nice as my Glocks. The PPQ M2 has it beat on the trigger, though.

I can't say the same for anything SA has made since the Garand.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
ORC,

In a sense, I think I understand what you're getting at and I agree. Right now the bigger threat to the 2A isn't Springfield. If gun owners and companies can't unite now to fight the common enemy, the work is already halfway done to dismantle our 2A rights.

We can deal with Springfield after we get through the current shit storm.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
ORC,

Right now the bigger threat to the 2A isn't Springfield.
I strongly disagree with you since Springfield and RRA did in fact hook up with anti gunners in doing so they became a threat.

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
I think there's a big difference between SA and, say, Smith & Wesson, in that the M&P handguns are among the best striker-fired pistols out there. I bought my first a few weeks ago, and it's just as nice as my Glocks. The PPQ M2 has it beat on the trigger, though.

I can't say the same for anything SA has made since the Garand.
The company named Springfield Armory has absolutely nothing to do with the government armory that was located in Springfield, and therefore nothing to do with the M1 Garand.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross: We need to band together and show support against those who oppose gun ownership and general gun rights.

We are. Sermons from hypocrites (meaning SA) don’t impress me, though.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
hile, think you are probably way too young to understand my reference to S&W as it pertains to this thread.

Edmond, yes to a degree that is correct.

erjp, that is pretty common play in just about everything in the world anymore. Things change from day to day, week to week, year to year. Just the way it is.

Jelly, While I too think they made a mistake and will pay a hefty price, like S&W did. Maybe they will rebound over time like S&W did.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
While there are some similarities between the S&W and SA situations, a big difference is that S&W has changed ownership over the years and is no longer owned or run by the people who made those bad decisions. SA on the other hand, sold us out just last year and the people who made that decision are the same ones now trying to position themselves as "patriots" standing up for our rights. Time may heal all wounds, but IMO, not enough time has passed for SA.

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"Again, I get being pissed off. IF that is your thing, ok. "

I'm not pissed off. I'm disgusted. They're utterly without scruples. They're certainly nobody I want to be yoked unequally with.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
but IMO, not enough time has passed for SA.

But the times have changed. And big time. I am not talking about being a fan of SA or supporting them financially. Or liking their ownership, new or not. I am purely saying that in this time of another onslaught on the 2nd Amend. We should not eat our own so two speak. Those of us that have a common interest. That is all.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'm willing to welcome the prodigal son home any time. We cannot succeed by pushing potential allies into the margins. The more we do that, the more in the margin we find ourselves. We need the force of numbers to defeat a force of passion and ignorance.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Springfield deservedly got hit hard over their previous position,and maybe they have changed their corporate philosophy. I hope they have and it is genuine. Even Bill Ruger once pushed for limits on magazine capacity.

"In 1989, Mr. Ruger proposed a ban on high-capacity magazines, which led a smaller rival to call Sturm, Ruger “the Benedict Arnold of the gun industry.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/0...ger-gun-control.html

I agree with darthfuster that they should be welcomed home.

And ORC pointed out Smith and Wesson's betrayal.

"How Gun Maker Smith & Wesson Almost Went Out Of Business When It Accepted Gun Control"

http://www.businessinsider.com...e-right-thing-2013-1

Posts: 12678 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I got that email and instantly though “f you Springfield” and moved to my spam folder.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Report This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
Oh, Springfield Armory you say?

Fffuuuuuuccckkk Them!

+1, I couldn't have said it better!!!!

We're still fighting the bill that Springfield rolled over on.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Report This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
File 13.

Traitors for a buck.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Report This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Geez, they aren’t asking you to buy their products. They’re asking you to contact your legislators, which is the proper and right thing to do. Isn’t that a good thing?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Report This Post