SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Message from Springfield Armory
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Message from Springfield Armory Login/Join 
posted
I received an email from Springfield with the following content:

American Patriots,

The anti-gun and anti-2A forces are assembling in towns and cities across our great nation. They are emboldened by the fever pitch of the recent tragedy in Florida and feel the wind is at their back as they move, as always, to infringe further upon the rights given to us by our Founding Forefathers.

We, at Springfield Armory, are heartbroken and disturbed by the acts of violence in Florida, committed by a mentally unstable individual that so many knew, and reported, to be a danger to our citizens.

It is only natural in times like these to want to do SOMETHING. It is also in times like this that we must not act solely for the sake of acting. Clear-headed discussions, free of emotion and knee-jerk reactions must be the order of the day. We must do something to protect our children so that these horrible acts are stopped for good. We also must do what is necessary to ensure the survival of our Second Amendment, the Amendment that protects all others. The Amendment our Founders trusted to our Republic with the words “Shall Not be Infringed”. These rights were fought for and earned with the blood of American Patriots at places like Lexington and Concord, Bunker Hill, and Trenton.

Now is the time to act. With the specter of further 2A infringements looming tall over the nation, it is imperative that you contact your Legislators and demand that they uphold their oath to protect the Constitution of our beloved United States of America. Freedom is not free. It must be fought for against the forces who would happily give up our most sacred rights and freedoms.

Please call both your Senator and Congressman using the links below:

US Senators:

http://bit.ly/1kyGkev

US Representatives:

http://bit.ly/2zZsgdV

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

While I do not disagree with their position, it comes across as very self serving considering their support of anti gun legislation in Illinois. Link here: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...rights-politicians/e

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, they’re back on our side this week?

posted Hide Post
They lost their credibility to speak on this topic.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the same and replied -

"WTF do you care, your lobbyist has your back."

Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
So I guess they'll be cutting another deal with the state legislature?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
While I do not disagree with their position, it comes across as very self serving considering their support of anti gun legislation in Illinois.
Agreed, but don't forget RRA was the other major funding source and board member for the sellout lobbyist

I owned zero SA or RRA weapons in 2017, currently own zero zero SA or RRA weapons, and guarantee that I will own zero SA or RRA weapons this time next year.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
send the letter back ,when they move to Iowa or Missouri you might have something to listen too

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Agreed, but don't forget RRA was the other major funding source and board member for the sellout lobbyist.

I haven’t forgotten. I just didn’t mention them because they’re not the ones pretending to be pro-2A.

The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I got that Email too. And promptly deleted it.

They are just trying to redeem themselves. Too little, too late. For me. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

posted Hide Post
Just bought a SA rifle last week. I must have missed that we were boycotting them...?

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
While I understand letting them know you are not happy is a good thing. Alienating A gun manufacturer, especially right now is not wise imho.
But go ahead and do so if it makes you feel better I guess.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
SA did the alienating, ORC.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Fuck them and the shit they peddle.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I get guys I really do. As I said. If that makes you happy. Great.
How many here have an M&P semi pistol or AR as one example of a manufacturer that made a big, big mistake and people said they would never again own one of theirs.

Again, I get being pissed off. IF that is your thing, ok.
But I for one do not think that type of an attitude towards them is helping and is playing into the anti movement. We need to band together and show support against those who oppose gun ownership and general gun rights.

posted Hide Post
quote:
But I for one do not think that type of an attitude towards them is helping and is playing into the anti movement. We need to band together and show support against those who oppose gun ownership and general gun rights.

They have some pretty serious issues as far as I am concerned. Integrity is at the heart of it. Duplicity is another. To address the email as American Patriots and reference Concord and Lexington is beyond the pale. In addition to new managment they need some people who know how to write persuasively.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
To "band together" with someone you know will stab you in the back is self-defeating at best.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Agreed ZS. I do not own any of their or RRA products currently either. I just know we better work together or the outcome will be a lot less to our liking.

and that is fine cattivo, but when you look in the mirror down the road and you do not like what you see. Don't complain and blame others.

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Why would I purchase from SA or RRA, when I can't be certain SA or RRA won't just turn around and hand the money to gun grabbers. There are few products they offer I can't get elsewhere. They can ead as far as I'm concerned.

As for their email, poor taste to be sure.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
and that is fine cattivo, but when you look in the mirror down the road and you do not like what you see. Don't complain and blame others.

I think you've got this backwards. We already know they'll burn us, so the problem isn't one that will pop up down the road. The things you warn me to not complain about in the future already exist in Illinois thanks to Springfield Armory. If you don't want to get burned, then the best strategy is to not support those you know will burn you.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
So living in the past gets you no where in the future. I am talking about the here and now. Not how we got here. Obviously that is important, but what is paramount now. Is where we go from here and how best to get there.