SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FLIR TK scout thermal imaging monocular?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FLIR TK scout thermal imaging monocular? Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
Anyone have one of these thermal imagers? For under $600 it seems pretty nice. Have always liked the idea of thermal imaging though most units are well over 1K.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I have a FLIR One for the iPhone. Works well enough to tell me where I have cold infiltration and need to focus my insulation efforts.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
That's cool, I've seen the phone attachment ones online and wondered about them too. Definitely leaning towards the monocular though.

posted Hide Post
I hope some actual owners ring in on this. I have been looking at the Scout but would like some feedback before I jump.
Leupold is making one too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazon reviews indicate there are some teething issues (5-star reviews edited to reflect that it died quickly) Might sit on it a while until they get that figured out.
FLIR seems to be expanding their product lines VERY quickly, things will slip through the cracks. There's never enough engineering to go around.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ most reviews I've read seemed to state the opposite. It has been very well revived based on what I've read online though I'd love to hear from someone on here who has one

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Well I ordered it so we will see how it works in a few days Smile

If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Leupold has their thermal monocular now that I want to try out. I think it would be greatly helpful when tracking game that has been shot.

https://www.leupold.com/night-...handheld/lto-tracker

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I looked at the Leupold one as an option but the images I saw looked more grainy and than the FLIR. It would be nice to not have to put it up to your eye though like the FLIR requires.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
So I got one and it's pretty sweet. Sure it has its drawbacks and it's not for super long distance though it's very nice inside a hundred yards. Been fun just around the house.