SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Graduation is finally upon us!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Graduation is finally upon us! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all of you!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better lucky than good
Picture of r2mach1
posted Hide Post
Nice man...congrats to you and D!!

Class III FFL/SOT firearms dealer

Posts: 3645 | Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, well done. A fantastic story that could inspire anyone.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Very nice to hear this success story.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chumpwagon
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 365 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That's great! Congratulations to her!

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Congratulations to both of you. Hope she ends up in a position that makes her happy.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done!

Posts: 990 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite a story. I know you're proud. I will pray for the best for you're girl and the next steps of her life.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
That's an inspirational story - thanks for sharing! This graduation experience is good for Abigale - graduating from college is just a part of normal life now for her.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
Again, thank you all. Specifically appreciate your thoughts Tom and Ryan. Not more than others, but because of our histories and Danielle's fondness for both of you.

Interesting reinforcement during the ceremony yesterday....she was specifically recognized for being a first-in-the-family to attend/graduate college. I was certainly privy to this tidbit, but it shows how far we've come for me to overlook such and important component of the 'story'.

We had about 30 friends/family over to celebrate last night, most had to travel significant distance. P239girl consumed a little too much vodka last night, so momma not so feel so well today, but shes feeling better now that we got some food in her. Big Grin.

My mother flew into town for the celebration, so I got to enjoy Mothers day with all three of the important ladies in my life.

Synthplayer, more than you know. Challenges with daycare providers and sick child days (among more mundane illnesses, little one was hospitalized for ~6 weeks....) there were numourous days Abi had to go to class with mom. The last semester almost full time.
Normalized is a good description, numerous students wanted Abi to "walk" with them as she was a memorable note to their education. Like her mom, she leaves an impression. Plus I'm a board certified engineer, so we are no strangers to school under my roof.

Surreal is the best description for how I feel today. She's done. Pinch me to ensure its real, shes done!
We are finally all living under one roof again.

I'm glad others were inspired by her accomplishment.

Posts: 2484 | Location: CO | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Great story. Congratulations to her / you guys.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Wow what an achievement.

Congratulations.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Great story and new beginning. Congrats to all of you.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
She heard from the Department of Wildlife this morning.

"How about June 5 as a start date?"

Big Grin

Posts: 2484 | Location: CO | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
what a great story! Congrats to you both, she definitely sounds like she deserves everything she has coming her way!

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Congrats Sweden!

My daughter graduated vet school May 5th (alongside her fiancee, who she married this past Saturday). They'll both be coming to work with me, so we are keeping them close.

For those who haven't lived through the rigors of vet school, I believe it to be a challenge that few will ever identify with fully. But like the keynote speaker for MSU's class said, "If it was easy, EVERYone would be doin' it!"

Great story of overcoming adversity. I'm sure she will do well.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Tell her congrats from one Ram to another! (1997)

If you ever happen to be passing through the Conifer area, shoot me an email.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
Thanks Goat! We pass through frequently on our way to our summer cabin in Chaffee.

Let's turn that soft offer into a hard job offer. Paperwork arrived yesterday.

She's excited. Been home all week 'bored.' It's been so long since she's had time to relax, she don't know how.